By Stacey Mayesh
Beach chic is easy when you follow these simple steps:
1. Start with the Chocolate Sun Organic Glow spray tan at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel’s Spa. The 80-minute treatment includes an exfoliating scrub followed by a customized spray-tanning session. Both use natural and organic products. More of a DIY girl? Subtle and streak-free:
Buy Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer in Medium to Tan Skin Tones, $8.49, at drugstore.com
Book Mandarin Oriental Hotel Spa New York Chocolate Sun Organic Glow Spray Tan, $305–$320, 212.805.8880
2. Get a hot swimsuit that makes you feel like a celebrity on the beach! My faves this season are from Istanbul-based sister design team OYE. Their suits are beyond sexy.
Buy OYE Swimwear Trinity Maillot, $300, at couturecandy.com
3. Get a chic North African fouta to lie on. These exotic hand-loomed, cotton-fringed blankets are one of my all time favorite go-to items. Available in a huge array of colors and striped patterns, I use them for everything—beach blanket, park blanket, sofa cover, summer bedding, scarf . . . and they make a great hostess gift too!
Order foutas, $85, at Yoya, 646.336.6844
4. Of course you need the perfect tote. The Malden Bag from Jamin Puech just makes me smile. And I LOVE the Nautilus Duffel from one of my favorite stores in Montauk.
Buy Jamin Puech Malden Bag in Yellow, $451.76, at jamin-puech.com
Buy Nautilus Duffel, $42, at taukmontauk.com
5. Carmindy (yes, the same Carmindy from What Not to Wear) is one of my oldest and dearest friends, and her makeup line for Sally Hansen is incredible. I was never a drugstore makeup girl, and now her line is all I wear. I love her waterproof blue eye pencil for a beachy hint of color. For light shine with sweet tasting protection, I use her Pinkberry Lip Tint.
Buy Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy Forever Stay Eye Pencil in Blue Indigo, $7.95, at drugstores nationwide
Buy Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy Ultra Soothing Lip Tint in Pinkberry, $7.95, at drugstores nationwide
Have fun and don’t forget your sunscreen!
Shop PageDaily’s summer product picks for sexy legs and sleek hair.
Be sure to show us your beach chic style (in words or pictures), by posting a picture on our Facebook wall or tweeting to @PageDaily!