Asparagus Soup Cleansing Diet Recipe
This diet-, vegan-, and vegetarian-friendly recipe can be eaten hot or at room temperature, making it perfect for diet cleansing on the go.
Ingredients Needed to Make Asparagus Soup
1 pound (roughly 8 stalks) of asparagus, trimmed and chopped
4 large sweet potatoes, baked and chopped into large chunks
2 cups home-made vegetable broth[link to recipe]
Cleansing Asparagus Soup Preparation
• Combine vegetable broth and asparagus in a 4-quart pot and bring to a boil.
• Add potatoes. Puree in food processor.
• Cover and simmer on medium heat until asparagus and potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes.
• Once vegetables are tender, remove from heat and reserve a few tips for garnish.
• Carefully purée vegetable mixture with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth.