How to Stay Slim, Calm and Sexy for Spring
We all begin our efforts to slim down with the best intentions. You’ve renewed that gym membership and armed yourself with a grocery list heavy on fruits and vegetables. You’re prepared to count calories until you see results. No excuses. No compromises!
Think about the moment your last diet derailed. Can you remember? It probably wasn’t a major moment—because it’s the little things that pull us off track. We rush out the door in the morning, arrive late to the office or school, barely break for lunch, juggle family and work obligations, and return home to an empty fridge and a stack of delivery menus. When we’re
nervous, frustrated, tired, or stressed, food is comforting. And, usually it is not celery that speaks to us in these moments!
To stay focused on nutritious eating, you need to stay calm. When we are calm and relaxed, we can see all of our choices, clearly, and make healthy decisions. Too often we feel trapped. When your boss has just added another memo to your pile of tasks, or your son asks for help on his big school project due tomorrow, slowing down to make a healthy dinner seems impossible: wouldn’t chicken fingers and fries be faster? But the more you develop a calm relationship with food, the better choices you’ll make, the more you’ll enjoy your food, and the better you’ll feel. Losing weight means learning to stay ahead of your hunger—and your mood swings.
Discover tips and tricks to become your SLIM, CALM, SEXY self in RD and celebrity nutritionist Keri Glassman’s new book, the Slim Calm Sexy Diet!
• Stay ahead of your appetite: snack lightly and frequently to stay satisfied but not stuffed. Who doesn’t overeat when they’re ravenous? The power of snacking is one of Keri’s signature nutrition tools, and the Slim Calm Sexy Diet emphasizes nutrition powerhouse snacks for every mood and situation.
• Hit Pause: have Happy Hour, all to yourself. Do you feel like your day (and diet) is spinning out of control? Find the time to savor a flavorful snack in the late-afternoon limbo between lunch and a late dinner. The Slim Calm Sexy Diet highlights special Happy Hour choices that won’t spike your blood sugar levels or kick your sweet craving into high gear.
• Slim + Calm = Sexy: never thought about eating to feel sexy? It’s about time! There’s nothing like a little friskiness to motivate your quest to slim down. We often say things like “I’ll lose weight when work slows down,” or “I’d feel sexier if I lost a few pounds.” The Slim Calm Sexy Diet turns the science on food and desire into tools to nurture your sexual side. Remember that weight, stress, and sex are like three legs of the same stool: a healthy eating plan has to address all three.
Don’t miss Keri talking Slim Calm Sexy over the next few weeks!
· The Today Show on Friday, March 30
· New York Live on Friday, March 30
· The Talk on Wednesday, April 4
· Access Hollywood Live on Tuesday, April 10
|Nationally recognized nutrition expert and published author Keri Glassman is the founder and president of Keri Glassman, Nutritious Life, a nutrition practice based in New York City. For years, Keri has been a leader in advancing a “whole person” approach to health and wellness.She has dedicated her career to creating services and promoting education through her Nutritious Life brand. She has authored two books; the most recent is The O2 Diet. The Cutting Edge, Antioxidant-Based Program That Will Make You Healthy, Thin and Beautiful. (Rodale, December 2009.) This book translates complex scientific research on antioxidants and the ORAC scale into useful and usable tools that everyone can benefit from. It empowers people to live a more Nutritious Life by combining a nutrient dense, high antioxidant diet with the other components of a Nutritious Life. The O2 Diet follows the Snack Factor Diet, (Crown, 2007.)Keri is a contributing editor and advisory board member for Women’s Health Magazine, and was the first registered dietitian to create a real food based snack bar, KeriBar.Additionally, Keri is the Nutrition and Health contributor for NBC’s New York Live, and is regularly featured on national television programs including NBC’s The Today Show, ABC’s Good Morning America, Access Hollywood Live, The View, Dr. Oz, The Doctors, The Wendy Williams Show, MSNBC and The Fox News Channel. Keri resides in New York City with her children, Rex and Maizy.|