Get the Oscars Red-Carpet Jewelry Looks for Less
By Katrina Caspelich
Last night, stars flooded the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles for the 83rd Annual Academy Awards, hosted by Anne Hathaway and James Franco. Despite the night’s highs and lows, including Natalie Portman’s first Oscar win and Melissa Leo’s flopped speech, we were more interested in one thing: the fashion! From bursts of color, embellishments, and fitted silhouettes to tulle, nude tones, whites, and metallics, the Oscar dresses seen on the red carpet made our Oscar dress predictions look less like predictions and more like inside info!
Hits included Mila Kunis’s Elie Saab lilac dress, Michelle Williams in her winter white Chanel number, and Jennifer Hudson’s jaw-dropping tangerine Versace dress. However, our Oscar for favorite dress(es) went to Anne Hathaway, who stole the night with her red strapless Valentino head-turner, her Oscar de la Renta sequined dress, and her purple sapphire Giorgio Armani Privé custom satin gown. Some of our misses included Amy Adams in a sequin L’Wren Scott cap-sleeve gown, Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana, and Nicole Kidman in her Dior dress. Reese Witherspoon topped our worst-dressed list with her Giorgio Armani Privé gown, channeling Barbie and Julia Roberts’ Valentino dress circa 2001.
As much as we loved checking out the glamorous gowns, we couldn’t help but check out the bling as well. From statement earrings rocked by Gwyneth Paltrow and Halle Berry, to sparkly cuffs worn by Jennifer Hudson and Mila Kunis, the starlets did not disappoint with their red-carpet jewels this year. After all, how could anyone be disappointed with diamonds, pearls, and semiprecious stones?
With so many glamorous dresses and such sparkly jewelry, it’s easy to get jealous. Spare yourself the emerald-green envy and get your favorite starlet’s jewelry looks at an affordable price. Although you may need to wait for ABS by Allen Schwartz to recreate your favorite Oscar gowns for less, you can get those sparkly Oscar jewels at a fraction of their price right now. At FantasyJewelryBox.com, shop for all of your favorite Oscar jewelry looks on one website. We did!
Oscar Jewelry Looks for Less
• Anne Hathaway: Necklace and Earrings Set (item n0261), $49.95
• Annette Bening: Earrings (item e7783), $59.95
• Camila Alves: Earrings (item e0251), $28.95
• Gwyneth Paltrow: Earrings (item e1369), $47.95
• Halle Berry: Earrings (item e0123), $39.95
• Helen Mirren: Earrings (e1122), $24.95
• Jennifer Hudson: Earrings (e1365), $24.95; Bracelet (item b0114), $23.95
• Maria Menounos: Earrings (item e0045), $22.95
• Michelle Williams: Earrings (item e0121), $21.95
• Mila Kunis: Earrings (item e1123), $39.95; Bracelet (item b0211), $117.95
• Nicole Kidman: Necklace and Earrings Set (item n0222), $43.95
• Reese Witherspoon: Earrings (item e0156), $72.95; Bracelet (item b0052), $117.95; Bracelet (item b4303), $48.95
• Sharon Stone: Ring (item r0063), $88.95
To get 20% off all orders (excluding clearance items), use promo code PDoscar20. Valid through March 7.
• See How Closely Our Oscar Fashion Predictions Matched the Red-Carpet Dress Reality
• Brittany Spears, Beyoncé, Natalie Portman & More: Celebs Love Dannijo Jewelry
• The Next Big Thing in Jewerly & Accessories? New Line Madame Mathilde