Samantha Daniels on How to Get Back into the Dating World
If you’re sitting on the dating sidelines for a while because you have recently ended a relationship or marriage, you haven’t had the interest, or you’re just fed up and plain sick of it, maybe now is the time to get out there and meet someone great! As a Professional Matchmaker and founder of Samantha’s Table Matchmaking, I have some useful tips on getting back into the dating world:
- Once deciding to go back to dating, you need to start with a positive attitude. If you are optimistic about meeting someone, you will have more of a chance of making that happen.
- Think about giving yourself a dating makeover so you feel good about yourself and how you look. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant. Try a new haircut, a new lipstick, or just a different “dating outfit.” It doesn’t matter what it is, just go out there looking a little different and you are bound to have some results.
- Reach out to your friends, family and colleagues and let them know that “you are back.” Most people are busy with their own lives, it’s time you let them know what is going on in your life. Tell them that you are open, interested and available to be introduced to someone if they think of anyone.
- Spend that $20 or $30 and try online dating. Maybe you had a bad experience in the past, but these are new times. With a positive and revitalized attitude things might be different this time around. Or if you have never tried it, give it a go! Many people have met their significant other this way.
- Schedule an appointment with a Matchmaker and at the very least get some good dating advice from that professional. Matchmakers like myself have been listening and observing what works and what doesn’t work when it comes to dating for years. Schedule a meeting and pick that Matchmaker’s brain.
- Ask a close but also straightforward friend to be brutally honest and tell you what they think might be an impediment when you get back out there to date. Ask them to critique you in an honest and helpful way so you can put you best foot forward.
- I remember what my grandmother said: “You get invited, you go, and you never know who you are going to meet.” Hence, whenever you get invited out, whether it’s a party, a gathering, a dinner, etc., even if you don’t feel like going, you go. You put on that pretty dress, a smile and positive attitude and you head out the door because “you never know…”
|Samantha Daniels is a professional matchmaker, television, personality, author, entrepreneur and founder of Samantha’s Table, a matchmaking service. A former matrimonial attorney, in 1999 Daniels left the world of divorce behind and founded her matchmaking service in New York City, quickly expanding to elite clientele on the west coast.In 2004 Daniels life became the basis for NBC’s hit show Miss Match starring Alicia Silverstone. Daniels a writer for The Huffington Post and in 2005 authored Matchbook: the Diary of a Modern-Day Matchmaker.|