Under eye circles and puffiness are one of the most common beauty complaints and are usually genetically inherited, or accrued from late nights at the office, lack of sleep, and general stress. I have tried hundreds of products that promise to cover and hide the “sleepless night look” so many of us sport under our eyes. Here are some of my picks to combat and conceal- and help anyone who is tired of looking tired!
Frownies Eye Gels, Under Eye & Eye Lid Collagen Patches, $29.95
Frownies eye gels are the first step in achieving a deflated under eye area. The anti-wrinkle treatment contains strong anti-oxidants that not only help protect the sensitive skin, but in one thirty minute treatment 100% of women saw a reduction of fine lines, puff and dark circles. The weight of the patch soothes the under eye area and fights free radical damage. For optimal results, all you have to do is use the gel three nights in a row and then sporadically once a week from there on out! They’re also great to use before any special nights out or as a 30 minute treatment. Frownies are a tinseltown staple and a favorite of Raquel Welch, Rashida Jones and the entire Kardashian clan!
You might think that modeling is all about good genes, but I’m about to let you in on a little secret…
There’s actually quite a science to posing—and after many years in the biz and many magazine covers, I like to think I have it down to a T!
Here are my top 3 tips for looking good in pictures:
1. Keep your chin cocked down ¾ of the way for the most flattering angle for your face.
Andrea Pomerantz Lustig is a veteran beauty editor with over two decades of industry experience. She spent nine years as Beauty and Fitness Director at Cosmopolitan and was editor-in-chief at sephora.com. Now her beauty tips, advice and solutions appear regularly in Glamour magazine. Andrea also carries a little black book teeming with of-the-moment industry contacts and celebrity stylists, so it’s no surprise that she’s known around Glamour as the resident ‘beauty sleuth’. In her new tome, How to Look Expensive, Andrea shares her secrets on looking glamorous with an everywoman’s budget. As we caught up with Andrea on her latest project, she dished about her personal style, favorite beauty picks and tips on how fashion-forward women can make the most of every dollar.
If you’re like us and are looking to savor every last bit of summer this Labor Day weekend, replay the most coveted looks before summer is gone for good. Break out your bright lipsticks, even brighter nail colors and dewy, radiant skin, and say a fitting farewell to summer in the hottest hot weather beauty looks of the season.
GOLDEN GIRL GAZERS
Want that twinkle in your eye to last long after the dog days of summer are through? Apply a drop of water to an eyeshadow brush and dip into Illamasqua Powder Eye Shadow in Bronx-Copper Shimmer ($20 on sephora.com). The high pigmentation of the shadow mixed with the water will make for unforgettable eyes that are guaranteed to make that cutie at your weekend barbeque stop dead in his tracks!
Image credit: yourbeautyspot.ninemsn.com.au
Warmer weather means you want to keep your make-up routine clean and simple. International celebrity makeup artist Sue Devitt shows us how to create a natural eye look in 4 easy steps and gives us lots of tips on how to get it right!
1) Use a medium neutral eye shadow to coat the eyelid with an eye base brush for softness and color.
Tip: Apply above the crease so it doesn’t set your eyes backward.
2) Apply ivory eye shadow right underneath the brow bone to highlight and help blend in the colors.
Tip: Blend with your fingertips for a natural-looking skin texture.
3) Define around the top and bottom lashes with a dark chocolate shade, using a lash line definer brush to subtly bring out color of the eye. Applying a touch of color underneath helps to bring out the color of your eye.
Tip: Touch-up concealer as necessary after applying eyeshadow and liner.
4) Apply a few coats of mascara.
Tip: Wiggle the brush from the root out to the tip to add both depth and volume to your lashes.
Now that the weather is getting nicer and we are showing more skin, it’s time to get that fresh natural sun-kissed glow on…safely! Fiona Locke is one of the most sought after “skin finishing” experts in the entertainment industry. She works her magic on celebrities including Evangeline Lilly, Olivia Wilde and Katherine McPhee as well as the stars of E! News and American Idol. Fiona also creates glowing skin for editorial photo shoots for magazines like Allure, Self and Cosmopolitan. Fiona is a master at creating a natural looking golden glow and is sharing her insider tanning tips with us!
MM: What exactly is skin finishing and how is it different from spray tanning?
Fiona: Skin Finishing is applying a custom color and body contour to any skin tone or body type. It is much more detailed and specific and less generic than a spray tan booth.
MM: You have so many finishing options, ethereal, sun kissed, contouring and bronzing to name a few- what kind of look do most of your clients want?
Fiona: The finishing options cater to each client’s needs depending on the event they are attending and the wardrobe they will be wearing. It can vary greatly. Many of my Red Carpet clients request a little body contour to define their muscle tone in photos.
MM: What is the biggest mistake you see when it comes to tanning?
Fiona: The biggest mistake I see is rushing your application of your self tanner and not blending properly. St. Tropez Mousse and Mitt gives a perfectly even coverage and because there is a guide color in the mousse you can see where you are applying your self tanner. A missed spot will always look uneven. Also, having the mitt avoids the tell tale sign of tanning… “the stained palms.”
This is year that I’m going to tighten up my tummy. I mean business. I’m just so fed up with having a mushy muffin-top, and I have no more excuses since I’m not planning on having any more kids. The problem is that after having weathered some pretty big phases of weight gain during my pregnancies, I fear that diet and exercise alone won’t give me the results I want. Actually, I know they won’t, because it’s been a solid year that I’ve been working out religiously and eating pretty cleanly, and though I’ve lost a lot of weight, my stomach still spills out of my jeans.
Since I’ve given the good old-fashioned muscle method a thorough go (and always will), I’ve decided that it’s time to get some extra “help.” I contemplated a tummy tuck, but it seems too invasive, and I freaked out after watching Kate Gosselin’s consultation (which also made me feel a little bit better about my stomach situation). So I started researching less invasive procedures, and decided to try the new Lipomassage by Endermologie. “It is the only scientifically proven technique, targeting the fat that is resistant to diet and exercise. To date, all our clients who have experienced this technology have been extremely satisfied,” says Nicole Contos, CEO of NYC’s Smooth Synergy Spa, one of the few medispas that has the latest LPG Lipomassage machine, called the Integral.
Here’s how the treatment works: You strip down, then slip on a body stocking (think of a unitard made out of pantyhose), then the specialist massages your body with the machine’s new Ergodrive head, which is equipped with a bunch of motorized rollers that lift up and knead your skin in various different directions. This “mechano-stimluation” of the skin’s surface is proven to stimulate a deep biological response to eliminate fat cells, reduce cellulite, firm the skin, improve lymphatic drainage and overall reshape the contours of your body–all without any cutting, sucking, or other unpleasantries. Each treatment costs $150 and takes about 45 minutes, and upon my first consultation, I was told that I may see results after the first session, but should commit to at least six or eight sessions, getting two a week, to start reaping the benefits. A total of 20 sessions is suggested to see maximum results, after which you can go into maintenance mode with one monthly treatment. I was a little afraid of the cost and time commitment, but stayed the course because, as I said, I mean business.
I have to say I felt a little slimmer after the first treatment, but it wasn’t until after my third treatment that I started to notice visible results. I could see that my stomach skin was more toned, less squishy and didn’t have that bloated look. I was really impressed. Maybe it was a slight body change that only I would notice, but it was enough to make me a believer, and I wound up doing a total of 10 sessions. Each week I saw a little more improvement, and by the end of five weeks, I can definitely say that I’ve gone down one pant size. I should point out that I kept up my workout regimen and good eating habits at the same time. In fact, I was told Lipomassage results are actually enhanced when you work out soon after a treatment because it’s easier for your body to flush out the toxins and fat.
The most challenging part of the whole process was finding the time to fit it into my day, but once I made it to the spa and lied down on the table, I was thrilled to get those 45 minutes of “me” time, and the procedure is actually very relaxing. It was just the treatment I needed to get back into all of my pre-pregnancy clothes, so while I did have to shell out a lot of money and etch out the time, I feel like I’ve gained a whole new wardrobe, as well as some much-needed body confidence. Like most spas, Smooth Synergy offers a discount if you buy a series of 10, 15 or 20 sessions, so if you are contemplating Lipomassage, be sure to ask about package deals.
Now, in all honestly, I won’t commit to getting into a bikini too fast–there are still some issues that maybe only plastic surgery could truly fix, but for now, I’m happy with my Lipomassage results.
Are you considering trying any type of body contouring treatments? Tell us!
By: Rachel Hayes
Photo: Frederic Cirou @ PhotoAlto Agency RF Collections
|DailyMakeover.com from Makeover Solutions, Inc., is the web’s leading beauty information site, providing virtual makeover technology and content for women to create personalized makeovers. DailyMakeover.com’s virtual Makeover Studio enables users to see themselves wearing numerous hairstyles, makeup shades and fashion accessories to create their best makeovers, which can be saved, printed, or emailed. DailyMakeover.com is headquartered in New York City.|
With temperatures soon to be rising, we’ve got that spring fever and are celebrating with a very special PageDaily giveaway! Enter here for your chance to win a plethora of goodies sure to warm those winter bones and get you spring ready in no time. Our giveaway is stocked with fabulous picks like Ouidad hair care, ROXoxox jewelry, a FitBit Wireless Personal Trainer, StriVectin skincare and much more!
Our Spring Fever giveaway package is valued over $1000 and includes:
- ROXoxox Island Rox bracelet/necklace and Dune Rox Ring. Rock some serious arm and finger candy with this braided leather and chain detailed bracelet (also doubles as a necklace) and their 14K GF and Citrine statement ring.
- Kristin McGee Fitness DVD’s. Get ready to shed the layers with workout guru Kristin McGee’s workout DVD’s including, MTV Power Yoga, Kristin McGee’s Power Yoga, YogaTone, Bendigirl and Body by Bethenny.
- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner and Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel. The Prickly Pear Cactus Extract, Green Tea and Vitamin B5 infused conditioner promotes long-lasting hydration and helps seal the cuticle layer of hair, preventing frizz and encouraging a healthier scalp. An Allure magazine, Glam.com and Daily Glow favorite, the heat activated gel is made of wheat protein that breathes in humidity- protecting the hair shaft for a perfectly styled do.
- 2 Exude Lip Glosses. Exude’s custom smooth and non sticky formula not only hydrates your lips with an anti-aging complex and gives you show stopping color but it’s also celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe’s favorite!
- Electric Yoga Bolt Bag. The neon lightning bolt bag is lightweight, beyond functional and waterproof lined- perfect for errands, spring time workouts and beach visits!
- StriVectin-SD Volumizing Hand Treatment and StriVectin-SH Dermal Infusion Mask . Give Father Time a run for his money with this revolutionary cream that combats five signs of aging hands. Rejuvenate with the intensive restorative mask that nourishes and firms skin, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stephanie Johnson ML Traveler. Tote your beauty bounty in style with this roomy and chic make-up case.
- FitBit Wireless Personal Trainer. The Wireless Personal Trainer is like having your own personal trainer but better. Monitor workouts, sleep and food intake with wireless updates and app syncing to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Essie Nail Varnish. Rock the season’s hottest shades on your hands with four different varnishes.
- Spa Water Guide Book and Water Bottle. Create healthy, delicious and inexpensive vitamin-infused water with this collection of twenty two refreshing recipes from award-winning spas around the world and take it on the go with an eco friendly water bottle.
- Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Shimmer Dust. Add a little sparkle to your look with this paraben free microcrystalline shimmer designed to pouf the perfect sparkle onto your face, body and hair.
- Illamasqua Precision Ink. Create a perfectly defined eye with their fine tip liner that is long lasting and waterproof.
- Clearasil PerfectaWash. This innovative Automatic Face Wash Dispenser delivers the perfect dose of dermatologist tested cleanser for visibly clearer skin in twelve hours without over drying.
- Make Up Forever Make-Up. Nab color palettes from the industry’s go-to brand which was created in 1984 in the discreet Parisian workshop-boutiqe of renowned make-up artist Danny Sanz.
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Body Lotion. Instantly smooth and nourish wintery dehydrated skin for a soft, smooth and moisturized and spring ready skin!
- Limited Edition POP Phone Handset in Gold. Chat in style with this metallic handset that eliminates over 99% of absorbed radiation from cell phones.
Who knew something as simple as where you part your hair could totally change your look? Well, it’s true and we’ve got tips from the pros on which types of parts look best on which face shapes! Part-on us for making you look your prettiest…
THE DEEP SIDE
The deep side part goes a long way on style and sex appeal. Especially when worn with height in the crown, it’s very Brigitte Bardot. Jennifer Garner gives it a soft girlie appeal by keeping her waves natural, her sweepy bangs heavy and topping it all off with the best accessory…a big smile!
LOOKS BEST ON: Long face shapes as it breaks up the length by distracting us with the heavy fringe.
HOT TIPS: Be sure to tell your stylist if you’d like to move your part around. This cut can be worn in the middle as well, as long as your stylist knows you’ll be doing both! Create the deep side part when hair is wet before styling.
Photo credit: omghairstyles.net
TIPS BY: Natasha Sunshine of Byu-Ti Salon, Los Angeles, CA.
Byu-Ti Salon is Santa Monica’s premier hair boutique, catering to some of Hollywood’s most notable manes, including that of Ivanka Trump, Molly Sims and Eva Herzigova. The founder of Byu-Ti Salon, Natasha Sunshine, is known in the Los Angeles and New York City fashion circles for her keen sense of style and unique approach to hair therapy, Natasha not only created a six-step consulting system for helping her staff identify and meet her client’s needs, she has also developed her own seven different hair care products, to supplement the line of top-notch goodies already in use at her salon. When Natasha is not helping people feel fabulous from the inside out, or making herself camera-ready for a television appearance (most recently, The Rachael Ray Show), she is working as an industry leader and educator for L’Oreal’s exclusive hair care line, Pureology.
“Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.”
― Elizabeth Taylor
The drink part is of course optional, but Liz got it right in saying that lipstick is an important step in pulling yourself, or your look, together! It takes a confident woman to rock a bright lip color, but these super flattering and wearable shades make it easy. Try a colorful lip this spring, it’s an easy way to complete your outfit and you can keep the rest of your face clean and simple.
Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipstick in Dahlia or Scarlett color, BUY NOW, $30
Scarlett Johannson is the face of Dolce & Gabbana makeup and a notorious fan of red lipstick, calling it “glamour in a tube.” If you want to capture the sexy star’s red lip look, try this D & G’s Scarlett or Dahlia shades.