Goodbye granola, hello glamour. Just because you shop eco-friendly doesn’t mean you need to compromise on style! Who says that environmentally conscious products need to be made of hemp and colored in straw tones? Today, it is just as easy to be eco-conscious as eco-chic. In honor of Earth Day this month, here are my top picks for fun and fabulous, environmentally friendly products.
Josie Maran Make-Up: I love this earth-friendly beauty line because it features pure and gentle cosmeticsin an abundant array of colors and textures. Products are made with Moroccan Argan oil, an organic ingredient known to help and prevent dehydration, inflammation, and hyper-pigmentation. The oil is rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, which have anti-aging properties. Formulas are packed with botanical ingredients, and products are packaged with recyclable and biodegradable materials.
1. Josie Maran Beautiful Lips Collection: This collection has a $98 value and includes Josie’s best selling Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stains and Natural Volume Lip Glosses. The stains come in Waltz (soft berry rose) and Quickstep (soft mauvy rose), and the glosses come in Optimism (sheer shimmering golden beige), Precious (sheer petal pink), and Voluptuous (sheer plum wine). For an added bonus, a deluxe sample size of Argan Oil is included the collection.
Buy Now, $42
2. Josie Maran Argan Eye Love You Too Palette: This limited-edition palette contains eight Argan-infused eye shadows in natural tones complementary to anyone’s eye color and complexion. The palette also comes with an easy-to-follow, how-to card from Josie herself, featuring step-by-step instructions on how to create the ideal day and night looks.
Buy Now, $42
3. Fashionation’s Foldable Speakers: These foldable speakers pump up the glam with their great sounds and fun designs. My daughter has her eye on the leopard print! Made from recycled materials, these speakers require no batteries and fold flat for convenient storage and portability. They are also quite affordable and universally compatible with iPods, MP3 players, laptops and more. LOVE it!
Buy now, $14.99
4. Hanky Panky Earth Day Cami & Boyshort: Green is the new black when it comes to this sexy and comfortable lingerie. The cami and boyshort are super soft and made with organically grown cotton jersey. Adorned with cotton lace and rosettes, these pieces are as adorable as they are environmentally friendly. The design, color and feel of the fabric make these fab pieces a perfect addition to your lingerie closet. They will definitely be added to mine!
Buy Now – Cami $39
5. Aveda Light the Way Candle: Made from 100% naturally derived soy wax and infused with organic lavender, the Aveda limited-edition candle is more than just another green product that smells great—it’s charitable as well. 100% of the proceeds go to Global Greengrants, a group that funds projects to help protect water rights and access around the world.
Buy Now, $12
6. Recycled Auto Glass- Wine Glasses: What better way to drink wine than from a stemless glass made from unique yet wonderfully worn automotive glass? The design is modern and chic, and each glass is a one-of-a-kind in its own way with air bubbles and varying thicknesses and textures. They are sturdy and strong with a slight green hue—just like that of a windshield. These glasses are so cool!
Buy Now, $28
7. Kiss My Face Peace Soap: I love this all natural and all purpose Castile Soap that comes in various scents like grassy mint and lavender mandarin! It cleaned my countertops, removed a stain from a chair, and was great in the shower. It is also available as a foaming pump soap (my kids are big fans). Green and charitable too, 10% of the profits are donated to Seeds of Peace to benefit young people in regions of conflict.
Buy Now, $15.99
8. Cygalle Sea Pearl Elixir: A new favorite of mine, this all natural moisturizing serum has a lovely light texture and mild scent. Made of seaweed, coconut extract, cucumber,and palm tree origin, the Cygalle Healing Spa Sea Pearl Elixir is the perfect warm weather moisturizer because of its non-oily base. The moisturizer gives your skin a gorgeous glow and enhances its elasticity. It also boasts a slew of B vitamins, which help prevent premature aging. It can also be used under your existing moisturizer for added benefits. Fans of Cygalle’s Healing Spa products include Kate Hudson, Helena Christensen, David Blaine and Rosario Dawson.
Buy Now $25 (2oz) and $75 (8oz)
This style-conscious bag reinvents what it means to be fashionably responsible. Made from faux leather and recycled plastic bottles—no animal by-products—nothing says “on trend” like being eco-friendly.
Being green is a way of life, and Ija Designs runs its jewelry studio on 100% renewable energy and purchases and recycles all scrap metal. Bold, fresh, and super sexy, Ija jewelry will get you stopped on the street day after day. Beauty may radiate from within, but a killer pair of earrings can’t hurt!
Bone Earrings: $108
We were intrigued with the idea of vegan chocolate—100% dairy free and all natural. We were in love after just one soft dark-chocolate square, incredibly rich and creamy. And the Thick Organic French/African hot chocolate is just as divine.
Purchase Intemperantia Vegan Chocolates
Special: Get 10% off with promo code askmelissa. Through May 7.
|Love Peace & The Planet
After trying the Love Peace & The Planet products, our hair was so soft and smelled so good we kept telling people to touch it! It’s just a great bonus that they use natural and organic ingredients and come in recycled packaging. That’s eco at its best.
Thought eco-conscious fashion was a contradiction in terms? Beau Soleil changed our minds. The collection is made from organic cotton and vegetable dye, and we can’t wait to wear the Toga dress in their signature bamboo fabric with surplus leather over the shoulder.
Purchase Beau Soleil
We’re hooked on the look and scent of DayNa Decker’s new Botanika Chandels. A blend of wax and oil, their EcoWood technology provides a clean burn. The Bardou version’s pink peppercorns, fresh greens, wild rose, pink peony, cardamom and redwood notes provide the light, natural fragrance.
Price: 3 oz., $36; 6 oz., $54; 16 oz., $84
Purchase DayNa Decker Botanika Chandels
Special: Get 10% off with promo code askmelissa123. Through March 31.
We love lotions and potions, and when we find a line that pampers our skin and smells great, we’re sold. AHAVA’s Mineral Botanic body cream washes use natural moisturizers, antioxidants, and organic plant extracts and come in two different fragrances for each skin type. A favorite—the Orange and Frangipani cream—contains Vitamin C to strengthen collagen, while the frangipani extract soothes and tones.