Shop the Full Story: Our Favorite Summer Hair Care Products
Goodbye granola, hello glamour. Just because you shop eco-friendly doesn’t mean you need to compromise on style! Who says that environmentally conscious products need to be made of hemp and colored in straw tones? Today, it is just as easy to be eco-conscious as eco-chic. In honor of Earth Day this month, here are my top picks for fun and fabulous, environmentally friendly products.
Josie Maran Make-Up: I love this earth-friendly beauty line because it features pure and gentle cosmeticsin an abundant array of colors and textures. Products are made with Moroccan Argan oil, an organic ingredient known to help and prevent dehydration, inflammation, and hyper-pigmentation. The oil is rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, which have anti-aging properties. Formulas are packed with botanical ingredients, and products are packaged with recyclable and biodegradable materials.
1. Josie Maran Beautiful Lips Collection: This collection has a $98 value and includes Josie’s best selling Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stains and Natural Volume Lip Glosses. The stains come in Waltz (soft berry rose) and Quickstep (soft mauvy rose), and the glosses come in Optimism (sheer shimmering golden beige), Precious (sheer petal pink), and Voluptuous (sheer plum wine). For an added bonus, a deluxe sample size of Argan Oil is included the collection.
Buy Now, $42
2. Josie Maran Argan Eye Love You Too Palette: This limited-edition palette contains eight Argan-infused eye shadows in natural tones complementary to anyone’s eye color and complexion. The palette also comes with an easy-to-follow, how-to card from Josie herself, featuring step-by-step instructions on how to create the ideal day and night looks.
Buy Now, $42
3. Fashionation’s Foldable Speakers: These foldable speakers pump up the glam with their great sounds and fun designs. My daughter has her eye on the leopard print! Made from recycled materials, these speakers require no batteries and fold flat for convenient storage and portability. They are also quite affordable and universally compatible with iPods, MP3 players, laptops and more. LOVE it!
Buy now, $14.99
4. Hanky Panky Earth Day Cami & Boyshort: Green is the new black when it comes to this sexy and comfortable lingerie. The cami and boyshort are super soft and made with organically grown cotton jersey. Adorned with cotton lace and rosettes, these pieces are as adorable as they are environmentally friendly. The design, color and feel of the fabric make these fab pieces a perfect addition to your lingerie closet. They will definitely be added to mine!
Buy Now – Cami $39
5. Aveda Light the Way Candle: Made from 100% naturally derived soy wax and infused with organic lavender, the Aveda limited-edition candle is more than just another green product that smells great—it’s charitable as well. 100% of the proceeds go to Global Greengrants, a group that funds projects to help protect water rights and access around the world.
Buy Now, $12
6. Recycled Auto Glass- Wine Glasses: What better way to drink wine than from a stemless glass made from unique yet wonderfully worn automotive glass? The design is modern and chic, and each glass is a one-of-a-kind in its own way with air bubbles and varying thicknesses and textures. They are sturdy and strong with a slight green hue—just like that of a windshield. These glasses are so cool!
Buy Now, $28
7. Kiss My Face Peace Soap: I love this all natural and all purpose Castile Soap that comes in various scents like grassy mint and lavender mandarin! It cleaned my countertops, removed a stain from a chair, and was great in the shower. It is also available as a foaming pump soap (my kids are big fans). Green and charitable too, 10% of the profits are donated to Seeds of Peace to benefit young people in regions of conflict.
Buy Now, $15.99
8. Cygalle Sea Pearl Elixir: A new favorite of mine, this all natural moisturizing serum has a lovely light texture and mild scent. Made of seaweed, coconut extract, cucumber,and palm tree origin, the Cygalle Healing Spa Sea Pearl Elixir is the perfect warm weather moisturizer because of its non-oily base. The moisturizer gives your skin a gorgeous glow and enhances its elasticity. It also boasts a slew of B vitamins, which help prevent premature aging. It can also be used under your existing moisturizer for added benefits. Fans of Cygalle’s Healing Spa products include Kate Hudson, Helena Christensen, David Blaine and Rosario Dawson.
Buy Now $25 (2oz) and $75 (8oz)
Lindsay’s shower would be incomplete without her EcoTools EcoPouf Bath Sponge. This earth-friendly sponge lathers up your body wash while scrubbing away the grime of a long city day.
Buy EcoTools EcoPouf Bath Sponge, $4.95 each, at Amazon.com
When you think eco fashion and lifestyle, do you think crunchy granola rather than stylish fashion diva? That’s so last Woodstock. Today, it’s easy to be eco and chic. Read more
We’ve always been a fan of Weleda natural beauty products, so we were thrilled to have children of our own to slather in their lotions, creams and soaps. We love the line’s soothing, earthy scent and its Calendula (a/k/a marigold), a plant with healing, soothing and antibacterial properties perfect for baby’s—and mommy’s—sensitive skin.
Baby Monkey Business
Want your own little monkey to be elegant and eco-friendly? Baby Monkey Business is our go-to source for newborn clothing and accessories. We love their luxuriously soft organic and antibacterial bamboo-fiber rompers, sleep sacks, blankets and more. Too bad they don’t carry our size.
Purchase through Amanda Lederman
Junk mail feels like one of life’s unavoidable annoyances— like in-laws. Until now, that is. We adore the new Stop Junk Mail Kit that we found on sonomalivinggreen.com. The kit provides instructions on how to keep your mailbox junk-mail free for up to five years. Less junk mail means less clutter, less paper waste and less environmental pollution—the kit itself is even printed with soy-based ink on recycled paper. Do this with your kids to teach them to care for the planet. A bonus: the kit maker plants five trees for every kit sold. If only there was one for our bills!
Purchase Stop Junk Mail Kit
Support Earth Day. Ask Melissa loves this series of limited edition eco-friendly t-shirts designed by Tonic for Donna Karan’s Urban Zen. Proceeds of these bamboo and organic cotton t-shirts are donated to both the Urban Zen and Tonic Foundations.
Purchase Urban Zen T-Shirt