10 Awesome Bags for Fall
Fall is all about cozying up and feeling sexy with the one you love, even if you only just found him this season. And, like a man, a bag is a great accessory for any fall ensemble. We’ve made our fall 2012 handbag selections, and they are complete with color-blocked clutches, sophisticated totes, and hands-free crossbodies that are sure to please even the choosiest of ladies.
1. Skylar backpack by Simone Camille, $810.00
This is no ordinary school day backpack— fringe, embroidery, and embellishments take the convenience of the design to a whole other level. Style maven Nicole Richie was recently spotted with this black beauty. Carry by the handle or keep your hands free and wear it on one shoulder. Either way you’re sure to catch eyes.
2. Bobi Leopard Shoulder Bag, $559
Photo credit Bag Snob
Emma Roberts was recently seen wearing this leopard print calf hair shoulder bag, and we always love her look. Animal print accents are a modern staple and Emma pulls off the pattern beautifully by keeping the rest of her outfit simple and casual. The leather and gold chain strap can be removed, transitioning the bag to a nighttime clutch with ease.
9 Trends to Watch from Fashion Week: Fall 2012
During Fashion Week it’s easy to get side-tracked with celeb sightings, crazy street style and after parties! The shows and presentations are a big production and what they are really all about is forecasting next season’s trends! We saw a ton of chic looks and put together our list of the biggest trends for Fall Winter 2012. From feminine menswear and fabulous furs, to sophisticated cut outs and sensual pleats, we can’t wait for another fall to arrive!
Designer Yigal Azrouel Teams Up with FITiST for a Fashionable Fall
Two things we are all about at PageDaily are fashion and fitness. That’s why we just couldn’t help but share that one of our favorite designers Yigal Azrouel has teamed up with FITiST, a unique new fitness membership plan incorporating multiple studios and classes, to create a “Fit for Fall” plan that’s a great deal. Instead of just having a membership to one gym or many memberships to studios that offer different kind of classes, the invite-only site allows you to manage your memberships to some of New York’s hottest workout destinations on one platform.
With “Fit for Fall” you get 6 Indoor Cycling Classes, 4 Performance Classes and 4 Yoga Classes for a total of 14 classes a month for $350. These are some of Yigal’s fave workouts when he isn’t surfing. Plus, he’s hooking FITiST members up with $100 to spend at his Meatpacking boutique and one of his signature scarves, for free! Stylish perks for staying fit? Yes please!
Transitional Dressing – Shoshanna Gruss Must Haves (Summer to Early Fall)
As summer comes to an end, feel beautiful and confident as the season transitions into colder temperatures. Here are some of my wardrobe and beauty must have’s for the upcoming season. And remember, don’t be afraid to experiment – trust your instincts and find what works for you!
· Look 1: Sweater Dress – A short sweater dress is a staple piece for your transitional wardrobe. Try the Shoshanna Olive ¾ sleeve merino wool and silk combo dress, and match it with a great Leopard bag like this Jerome Dreyfuss Billy Large Shoulder Bag. Ankle boots are perfect to pair with your short dresses as we get into September – save skin tight boots for winter weather. These lace up chunky heels by Madison Harding are a perfect example.
Buy Now, Shoshanna Pleated Sweater Dress, $375
Buy Now, Jerome Dreyfuss Billy Large Shoulder Bag, $1,892
Buy Now, Madison Harding “Ethel” Desert Booties, $300
· Look 2: Lace – Lace is a big trend this Fall. This classic Shoshanna shift silhouette, enhanced with an overlay of black floral lace and a prettily scalloped hem works for day and night. Wear it to work with a lightweight black crepe blazer like this one by Vanessa Bruno then dress it up with a gorgeous Edie Parker clutch for a night out! The Laura clutch in an ocean pearlescent and amethyst mica stripes paired with the Nicholas Kirkwood Erdem Printed Crepe Platform Pump compliments the dress perfectly.
Buy Now, Shoshanna Lace Dress, $395
Buy Now, Vanessa Bruno Tie Front Crepe Blazer, $702
Edie Parker Lara Clutch, $1,295
Nicholas Kirkwood for Erdem Printed Crepe Platform Pump, $860
· Look 3: Prints – Start to bring out your rich fall prints like the Shoshanna La Dolce Vita cascading front dress. This dress has the perfect combination of warm and cool colors that get you in the mood for Fall. Style it with a chunky statement necklace. Dannijo has some of my favorite Fall jewelry this year! This bib necklace can be paired with almost everything in my closet. The citrine stones and pearl beads give just the right amount of color to the antique brass chain. Pull the whole look together with these black Proenza Schouler multi-strap suede sandals with geometric cutouts.
Buy Now, Cap-Sleeve Cascade Dress, $375
Buy Now, Proenza Schouler Multi-Strap Sandal, $1,170
Buy Now, Dannijo Bib Necklace, $656
· My Perfect Makeup– Keep your summer tan glow with the Shoshanna “3 X A Charm” luminizer, bronzer, blush trio from my best friend Charlotte Ronson’s new cosmetic line exclusively at Sephora. It’s a whole new wardrobe for your cheeks: mix and match this trio of colors to create a range of looks. Each features LFT™ (Light Filter Technology) to automatically adjust its pigments based on your lighting. The result is the perfect glow under any light, day or night. Made with long-lasting, jet-milled talc, these three silky powders glide on evenly to create a natural, healthy-looking glow. Moisturizers and vitamins calm and soothe thirsty skin. This Trio brings out a fresh glow—and offers multiple ways to transition your own look. I love her whole collection and the lip gloss named after Charlotte’s sister Samantha is simple enough to wear and has just the right amount of color. Don’t forget your lashes! My go-to mascara is Lancome Hypnose – it wraps lashes one luxurious layer at a time without smearing, smudging or clumping!
Buy Now, 3 X A Charm Luminizer, Blush, Bronzer, $28
Buy Now, HYPNÔSE Custom Volume Mascara, $25
Buy Now, A Perfect Kiss Lip Gloss, $14
You can also find Shoshanna at:
Sephora Collection Bronzer Powder SPF 15: Keep Glowin’ On
As much as I love fall fashion, the change in seasons always means a few other inevitable changes that make me miss summer—the days start getting shorter, the wind becomes chilly, and my skin begins its descent into its ghostly winter pallor. Luckily, I discovered Sephora Collection Bronzer, my new secret weapon to give me a summer-worthy glow year round. Natural looking with a matte finish—no sparkle here—it gives a believable wash of color that will perk up pale skin. It even has a bonus feature: SPF 15. So, while I’m still helpless to change the length of the day to come and the temperatures to brave, at least I can look great toughing it out!—Colleen Hagerty
Buy Sephora Bronzer Powder SPF 15, $16, at sephora.com
Whether Lanvin or Target, Leopard Print Is Now…And Forever!
I love the leopard trend this fall. The latest collection of Lanvin bags–Devine! I recommend their Leopard-Print Happy Shoulder Bag for that 50s-inspired ladylike look. And while leopard print is hot this season, a leopard accessory is always chic. This Lanvin bag is truly a timeless investment piece. For a less expensive option (read: totally affordable), Target carries the Melie Bianco Leopard Clutch for $27.98.—Melissa Meyers, Founding Editor & CEO
Buy Lanvin Leopard-Print Happy Shoulder Bag, $1,780, at bergdorfgoodman.com
Buy Melie Bianco Leopard Clutch, $27.98, at target.com