With temperatures soon to be rising, we’ve got that spring fever and are celebrating with a very special PageDaily giveaway! Enter here for your chance to win a plethora of goodies sure to warm those winter bones and get you spring ready in no time. Our giveaway is stocked with fabulous picks like Ouidad hair care, ROXoxox jewelry, a FitBit Wireless Personal Trainer, StriVectin skincare and much more!
Our Spring Fever giveaway package is valued over $1000 and includes:
- ROXoxox Island Rox bracelet/necklace and Dune Rox Ring. Rock some serious arm and finger candy with this braided leather and chain detailed bracelet (also doubles as a necklace) and their 14K GF and Citrine statement ring.
- Kristin McGee Fitness DVD’s. Get ready to shed the layers with workout guru Kristin McGee’s workout DVD’s including, MTV Power Yoga, Kristin McGee’s Power Yoga, YogaTone, Bendigirl and Body by Bethenny.
- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner and Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel. The Prickly Pear Cactus Extract, Green Tea and Vitamin B5 infused conditioner promotes long-lasting hydration and helps seal the cuticle layer of hair, preventing frizz and encouraging a healthier scalp. An Allure magazine, Glam.com and Daily Glow favorite, the heat activated gel is made of wheat protein that breathes in humidity- protecting the hair shaft for a perfectly styled do.
- 2 Exude Lip Glosses. Exude’s custom smooth and non sticky formula not only hydrates your lips with an anti-aging complex and gives you show stopping color but it’s also celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe’s favorite!
- Electric Yoga Bolt Bag. The neon lightning bolt bag is lightweight, beyond functional and waterproof lined- perfect for errands, spring time workouts and beach visits!
- StriVectin-SD Volumizing Hand Treatment and StriVectin-SH Dermal Infusion Mask . Give Father Time a run for his money with this revolutionary cream that combats five signs of aging hands. Rejuvenate with the intensive restorative mask that nourishes and firms skin, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stephanie Johnson ML Traveler. Tote your beauty bounty in style with this roomy and chic make-up case.
- FitBit Wireless Personal Trainer. The Wireless Personal Trainer is like having your own personal trainer but better. Monitor workouts, sleep and food intake with wireless updates and app syncing to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Essie Nail Varnish. Rock the season’s hottest shades on your hands with four different varnishes.
- Spa Water Guide Book and Water Bottle. Create healthy, delicious and inexpensive vitamin-infused water with this collection of twenty two refreshing recipes from award-winning spas around the world and take it on the go with an eco friendly water bottle.
- Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Shimmer Dust. Add a little sparkle to your look with this paraben free microcrystalline shimmer designed to pouf the perfect sparkle onto your face, body and hair.
- Illamasqua Precision Ink. Create a perfectly defined eye with their fine tip liner that is long lasting and waterproof.
- Clearasil PerfectaWash. This innovative Automatic Face Wash Dispenser delivers the perfect dose of dermatologist tested cleanser for visibly clearer skin in twelve hours without over drying.
- Make Up Forever Make-Up. Nab color palettes from the industry’s go-to brand which was created in 1984 in the discreet Parisian workshop-boutiqe of renowned make-up artist Danny Sanz.
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Body Lotion. Instantly smooth and nourish wintery dehydrated skin for a soft, smooth and moisturized and spring ready skin!
- Limited Edition POP Phone Handset in Gold. Chat in style with this metallic handset that eliminates over 99% of absorbed radiation from cell phones.
With January resolve starting to wane, many of us could use some help keeping our eating on-track. To keep energy high and our bodies slim as we fight off those winter blues it’s essential to eat nutritious foods throughout the day and stay well hydrated. However, we can run into trouble when our hectic and complex lives get in the way, making it difficult to eat those health boosting foods we know and love.
The solution lies in the preparation – you can choose a specially designed meal plan like Nutritious Life Meals, or prep, cook and pack yourself. Either way, the tips below will help keep your energy up and your metabolism revved while eating on-the-go. The reward will be a happier, slimmer and sexier you!
1. Nutritious Life Meals
Nutritious Life Meals is my newest tool to help you live a more Nutritious Life. The program will help you fit nutrition into your routine effortlessly and consistently, resulting in a healthier and slimmer you!
The plan works like this: each day, three freshly prepared gourmet meals and two snacks will be delivered right to your doorstep. I created each meal, so you know that you will be getting the right balance of nutrients in the proper portions to help you lose weight and gain energy. If you have allergies, dietary restrictions or simply don’t like certain foods (broccoli may never be your favorite, no matter how nutritious it is!), before each meal is delivered you can log into your online account, choose between four meal options, and even give some foods a “thumbs down.” This ensures that you’ll get nutritious meals that you will enjoy and be excited to eat!
2. “Brown Bag” 2012 Style
A portable cooler may not be the chicest carryall, but it’s an excellent tool to help you eat empowered. Portable coolers allow you to bring along more substantial snacks like endive and hummus, cheese and turkey slices or yogurt and nuts. These snacks are great because they combine protein and fat to help you stay satisfied. Okay, maybe a cooler is going a bit above and beyond for some of you, but a Built insulated lunch bag is something even the most uber-fashionistas can handle.
3. RX for Snacks: Have an emergency stash
Sometimes you need to run out the door and simply don’t have the time to prep a bag full of snacks (some days are just too unpredictable). For these times, a pre-packed snack bag is essential. Keep this bag loaded with nonperishable items such as mixed nuts, high fiber crackers, natural peanut butter packets and organic turkey jerky. Some of my favorite choices even include ‘unconventional’ items like tuna packets and oatmeal packets. I also recommend stashing some green tea and True Lemon packets in your snack bag to add to water so that you can always stay hydrated. Keep this emergency stash on hand at home to throw in your bag, glove compartment and inside your desk at work.
To order Keri Glassman’s Nutritious Life Meals click here.
| Nationally recognized nutrition expert and published author Keri Glassman is the founder and president of Keri Glassman, Nutritious Life, a nutrition practice based in New York City. For years, Keri has been a leader in advancing a “whole person” approach to health and wellness.She has dedicated her career to creating services and promoting education through her Nutritious Life brand. She has authored two books; the most recent is The O2 Diet. The Cutting Edge, Antioxidant-Based Program That Will Make You Healthy, Thin and Beautiful. (Rodale, December 2009.) This book translates complex scientific research on antioxidants and the ORAC scale into useful and usable tools that everyone can benefit from. It empowers people to live a more Nutritious Life by combining a nutrient dense, high antioxidant diet with the other components of a Nutritious Life. The O2 Diet follows the Snack Factor Diet, (Crown, 2007.)Keri is a contributing editor and advisory board member for Women’s Health Magazine, and was the first registered dietitian to create a real food based snack bar, KeriBar.Additionally, Keri is the Nutrition and Health contributor for NBC’s New York Live, and is regularly featured on national television programs including NBC’s The Today Show, ABC’s Good Morning America, Access Hollywood Live, The View, Dr. Oz, The Doctors, The Wendy Williams Show, MSNBC and The Fox News Channel.
Keri resides in New York City with her children, Rex and Maizy.
Shop the Full Story: Summer Purse Essentials For When You’re On-The-Go
Shop the Full Story: Best Scrubs and Self-Tanners for the Face and Body
I know how important it is for both my skin and body to stay hydrated during the summer, but I don’t like the taste of plain water. Any tips on easy-to-drink beverages that won’t pack on the pounds?
It is certainly very important, especially in the summertime, to drink lots of water. I am not a huge fan of plain water as well, so I need to get creative to make sure I get the recommended daily amount (.5 oz multiplied by your body weight in pounds). Below are several options for refreshing, healthy, and great-tasting drinks that won’t increase your waistline!
My go-to drink is a cranberry and club soda. You can vary how sweet you want it by adjusting the amount of club soda (I like it with half of each). Try using Ocean Spray Light Cran-Rasberry Juice, which is lower in calories and tastes delicious. Cranberry juice is known to have various health benefits – it can help prevent cancer, cardiovascular disease, and urinary tract infections.
A new favorite of mine is Skinny Water. The Raspberry Pomegranate Crave Control flavor is zero calories and contains electrolytes and Super CitriMax, which is known to curb your appetite. It reminds me of the days when my mom used to make raspberry Jell-O in the liquid form… only this is cold and tastes better!
Vitamin Water has been very popular for a while now, however, I prefer the newer zero calorie version. Naturally sweetened and packed with antioxidants from acai berries, blueberries, and pomegranates, Vitamin Water Zero’s “XXX” is my favorite. It’s super refreshing and energizing with vitamins A, B, C, and electrolytes.
Coconut water is extremely hydrating and tastes delicious! It’s perfect to drink after a workout because it has more muscle-soothing potassium than a banana, plus electrolytes. I prefer it fresh from the coconut, but they can be difficult to find, and you need a machete to cut off the tops. An easier option is to drink ZICO Coconut Water. I always keep several bottles in my fridge – It’s 60 calories for one 14 fl oz bottle, and fat-free, too!
Tasty and full of antioxidants, Honest Tea’s Passion Fruit Green Tea with Maqui Berry is zero calories and naturally sweetened. This drink is sweeter than most of the other Honest Tea drinks, so it’s great if you have a sweet tooth.
My best-kept secret of all is SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia in Vanilla Crème flavor. Just add three-five drops of this all-natural sweetener to 12 oz of water. The concentrated drops are available in a variety of flavors, but my personal favorite is the vanilla. Try adding it to club soda and you will make yourself a healthy crème soda!
Shop the Full Story: