If you’re like us and are looking to savor every last bit of summer this Labor Day weekend, replay the most coveted looks before summer is gone for good. Break out your bright lipsticks, even brighter nail colors and dewy, radiant skin, and say a fitting farewell to summer in the hottest hot weather beauty looks of the season.
GOLDEN GIRL GAZERS
Want that twinkle in your eye to last long after the dog days of summer are through? Apply a drop of water to an eyeshadow brush and dip into Illamasqua Powder Eye Shadow in Bronx-Copper Shimmer ($20 on sephora.com). The high pigmentation of the shadow mixed with the water will make for unforgettable eyes that are guaranteed to make that cutie at your weekend barbeque stop dead in his tracks!
Image credit: yourbeautyspot.ninemsn.com.au
We love trying all the latest beauty products out there and sharing our finds with you. There are tons of new products for smooth hair, soft skin or long lashes. Which should you try? Read on for our faves.
Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, $42
When Rachel Zoe claims to be a fan, you know its got to be “MAJOR!” This tinted moisturizer is perfect for summer as it provides light, skin illuminating coverage as well as sun protection. And coming from one of our favorite makeup brands, it’s no surprise the shades are gorgeous.
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation, $42
Illamasqua is known for their highly-pigmeneted, dramatic makeup, but this foundation is natural and beautiful. It goes on so smooth and has staying power. Plus you can layer and blend for the right amount of coverage for you. It isn’t cakey at all and has a mild fragrance.
Simply Vera Vera Wang Cosmetics Transforming Shadow Duo, $19.50
Vera Wang’s line for Kohl’s has now expanded into cosmetics. The formulas and packaging are so luxe you won’t believe they aren’t from a high end department store. The eye shadow duos are the perfect size to keep in your purse and come in an array of shimmer-y and matte shades that go on smooth and don’t crease.
Kiehl’s Activated Sun Protector Sunscreen for Body SPF 50, $23
Kiehl’s new sunscreen not only protects you from the sun but is also full of antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients such as goji berry, vitamin e and wheat. It’s perfect for sensitive skin, too!
Maybelline Volum’ Express The MegaPlush Mascara, $7.99
This new mascara’s gel mousse formula doesn’t flake and creates super long lashes that almost look fake. The unique flexor brush ensures lots of product gets on your lashes without clumping. Plus, you can’t go wrong with this drugstore price!
Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Treatment Daily Shampoo, $9.50 and Split End Binding Daily Conditioner, $17
If you’re prone to split ends between cuts you’ve got to try Nexxus’ new shampoo and conditioner. Their pro-mend line is formulated to treat dry, damaged hair and bind split ends. The scent is addictive and keeps your hair smelling fresh between washes.
Eclos Anti-Aging Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream, $24.99
We recently discovered Eclos’ line of plant stem cell products that is amazingly moisturizing with great anti-aging properties. The moisturizer smells fantastic and isn’t greasy…it will leave your skin feeling super soft!
When it comes to trends, what says spring more than pastels? Gorgeous pale shades were all over the runways, so we’ve hand-picked the most stylish pastel fashion items, accessories and beauty products for you to try this spring.
Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Dab, $24
This matte cream pigment has amazing coverage as an eye shadow and is super easy to apply with your fingertips or a brush. It’s a perfect way to try out a pastel purple look!
Nars Blush in Gaeity, $28
Nars has become the authority for blush. Get cheeky with this pastel-y pink.
Bobbi Brown Cream Lip Color in Pale Mauve, $23
Pale pastel lips are so mod. For Twiggy-esque lips, try Bobbi Brown’s cream lip color.
Essie Love & Acceptance Nail Polish, $8
This new shade is actually from Essie’s wedding collection, but even if you aren’t tying the knot, you will love this dainty color.
LC Lauren Conrad Platform High Heels, $38.99
Adorable AND affordable, these suede pumps from Lauren Conrad’s line for Kohl’s look great with jeans or a dress…the pale pink easily matches with many outfits.
Diane von Furstenberg Rina Top, $245
DVF’s famous wrap dresses…now in blouse form and in an on-trend pastel purple. Pair it with linen pants on the weekend or throw a blazer over it for the office.
Rag & Bone Midrise Ankle Zip Seafoam Jeans, $188
Rag & Bone just makes the BEST skinny jeans in amazing colors. The zippered ankle adds an edgy detail that looks fab paired with a leather jacket.
cut25 Matte Jersey Cut-Out Dress, $355
How amazing is this shift? In a basic shape with sexy cut-outs and a gorgeous color, this frock is the ultimate party dress.
3.1 Phillip Lim Lark Small Duffel, $875
If you find yourself always wearing black, try the pastel trend with a muted statement bag like this one from 3.1 Phillip Lim.
With temperatures soon to be rising, we’ve got that spring fever and are celebrating with a very special PageDaily giveaway! Enter here for your chance to win a plethora of goodies sure to warm those winter bones and get you spring ready in no time. Our giveaway is stocked with fabulous picks like Ouidad hair care, ROXoxox jewelry, a FitBit Wireless Personal Trainer, StriVectin skincare and much more!
Our Spring Fever giveaway package is valued over $1000 and includes:
- ROXoxox Island Rox bracelet/necklace and Dune Rox Ring. Rock some serious arm and finger candy with this braided leather and chain detailed bracelet (also doubles as a necklace) and their 14K GF and Citrine statement ring.
- Kristin McGee Fitness DVD’s. Get ready to shed the layers with workout guru Kristin McGee’s workout DVD’s including, MTV Power Yoga, Kristin McGee’s Power Yoga, YogaTone, Bendigirl and Body by Bethenny.
- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner and Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel. The Prickly Pear Cactus Extract, Green Tea and Vitamin B5 infused conditioner promotes long-lasting hydration and helps seal the cuticle layer of hair, preventing frizz and encouraging a healthier scalp. An Allure magazine, Glam.com and Daily Glow favorite, the heat activated gel is made of wheat protein that breathes in humidity- protecting the hair shaft for a perfectly styled do.
- 2 Exude Lip Glosses. Exude’s custom smooth and non sticky formula not only hydrates your lips with an anti-aging complex and gives you show stopping color but it’s also celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe’s favorite!
- Electric Yoga Bolt Bag. The neon lightning bolt bag is lightweight, beyond functional and waterproof lined- perfect for errands, spring time workouts and beach visits!
- StriVectin-SD Volumizing Hand Treatment and StriVectin-SH Dermal Infusion Mask . Give Father Time a run for his money with this revolutionary cream that combats five signs of aging hands. Rejuvenate with the intensive restorative mask that nourishes and firms skin, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stephanie Johnson ML Traveler. Tote your beauty bounty in style with this roomy and chic make-up case.
- FitBit Wireless Personal Trainer. The Wireless Personal Trainer is like having your own personal trainer but better. Monitor workouts, sleep and food intake with wireless updates and app syncing to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Essie Nail Varnish. Rock the season’s hottest shades on your hands with four different varnishes.
- Spa Water Guide Book and Water Bottle. Create healthy, delicious and inexpensive vitamin-infused water with this collection of twenty two refreshing recipes from award-winning spas around the world and take it on the go with an eco friendly water bottle.
- Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Shimmer Dust. Add a little sparkle to your look with this paraben free microcrystalline shimmer designed to pouf the perfect sparkle onto your face, body and hair.
- Illamasqua Precision Ink. Create a perfectly defined eye with their fine tip liner that is long lasting and waterproof.
- Clearasil PerfectaWash. This innovative Automatic Face Wash Dispenser delivers the perfect dose of dermatologist tested cleanser for visibly clearer skin in twelve hours without over drying.
- Make Up Forever Make-Up. Nab color palettes from the industry’s go-to brand which was created in 1984 in the discreet Parisian workshop-boutiqe of renowned make-up artist Danny Sanz.
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Body Lotion. Instantly smooth and nourish wintery dehydrated skin for a soft, smooth and moisturized and spring ready skin!
- Limited Edition POP Phone Handset in Gold. Chat in style with this metallic handset that eliminates over 99% of absorbed radiation from cell phones.