Jeans are an absolute mainstay in everyone’s closet and they’re now constructed in virtually every way imaginable! From colored to striped and leopard to solid, we scoured the expansive denim market to bring you some of the best fits, looks and trends this season has to offer.
1. J Brand 899 Niko in Bright Royal, $255
No denim collection would be complete without a little J Brand love! Started in 2004 with a vision to create a jean with so perfect a fit it followed the contours of one’s body the brand became an overnight success after begin sold exclusively in LA at Ron Herman’s Melrose Jean Bar. The 899 Niko in bright royal is their new mid-rise skinny and we just love the racing stripe detail—perfect if you want to get in on the colorblock trend!
2. rag & bone Khaki Tuxedo Skinny, $198
One of our favorite pant looks is the tuxedo stripe (it gives the illusion of a thinner leg!). These jeans not only look amazing on but are extremely comfortable and made of cotton, tencel and spandex stretch twill. Über stylish rag & bone was founded in 2002 by Marcus Wainwright and David Neville, both of whom had no formal fashion training— sure fooled us! We are huge fans of the brand and these jeans will certainly make a great addition to your wardrobe!
3. Joe’s Jeans The Skinny in Fiery Red, $158
Joe’s Jeans “The Skinny” comes in 55 fabulous colors— so you can count on them having your favorite shade! Sitting just above the hips, The Skinny has a 12″ leg opening and boasts a 2% elastin concentration for comfort. The Fiery Red is bold and bright and a perfect color for all skin tones. Rock them during the day with your favorite striped flats and spring sweater or at night with a slinky top and pumps! Joe’s Jeans are celeb favorite, spotted on A-listers like Natalie Portman, Halle Berry and Angelina Jolie.
It’s back-and better than ever. In it’s 3rd-year, Fashion’s Night Out, where thousands of retailers across the country stay open late for the ultimate shopping party of food, drinks-and of course to celebrate fashion. This all-out extravaganza will hit New York City on Thursday, September 8th, a prelude to New York Fashion Week (September 9th, 10th & 12th).
With debuts from J Brand and Chanel, to celebrity appearances from Heidi Klum, Rachel Zoe, Joss Stone, Ne-Yo, The Real Housewives of New York; and to top-it-off, Vera Wang in an ice cream truck, this is one star-studded event you won’t want to miss.
Here are the events you’ll want to check out in New York, LA, Miami, Dallas, and Chicago:
Topshop, 478 Broadway between Broadway and Broome
- Teamed up with Vogue Magazine, top models Chanel Iman, Coco Rocha, Karlie Kloss, Abbey Lee, and Charlotte Free will be giving out styling tips for the upcoming season; they will also select their favorite items from Topshop’s AW11 collection, debuting on FNO
- Customers who purchase one of the “favorite items” get the chance to be photographed with their favorite model; pictures will be posted on Tophop’s Facebook page
- Shoppers who spend over $100 will receive a notebook with a print from the AW11 collection on the cover; choose from one of four covers
Bergdorf Goodman, 754 5th Avenue at 58th Street
- Appearance by Michael Kors; Performance by Audrianna Cole
- Oscar de la Renta will be signing his limited edition “Face of Fashion” Fall kaleidoscope palette by Le Métier de Beauté
- Badgley Mischka, Joseph Altuzarra, Lela Rose, and Reem Acra will walk the runway with their furry friends in the Designer Dog Show
Diane von Furstenberg, 874 Washington Street at 14th Street
- Performance by Grammy Winner Estelle; performance features songs off her new album, All of Me
- Sample DVF’s new fragrance, Diane, before it hits stores in October. Enter to win an autographed bottle from Diane herself
Tory Burch, 797 Madison Avenue between 67th & 68th Streets
- Spend $250 or more and get styled by Vogue Editor Jessica Sailer and photographed by Fashion photographer Beau Grealy; chance to be featured on the Tory Blog
- Limited edition tote will be given to everyone who makes a $100 purchase
DKNY, 655 Madison Avenue between 60th & 61st Streets; 420 West Broadway between Prince & Spring Streets
- Shoppers who spend $250 or more will receive a limited edition tote with a DVD of documentary “Bill Cunningham New York”
- Complimentary popcorn and beer provided by Brooklyn Lager
- Complimentary Blind Barber haircuts
Michael Kors, 610 Fifth Avenue at Rockefeller Center
- Appearances by the Rockettes
- Champagne and live music by a guest DJ
- Chance to win denim totes signed by Michael himself
Sephora, 597 5th Avenue between 48th & 49th Streets
- Get all your beauty questions answered by a panel of experts: Vogue Beauty Director Sarah Brown, celebrity hairstylist Oscar Blandi, Founder and Creative Director of Urban Decay Cosmetics Wende Zomnir, and skincare guru Kate Somerville
Sephora Soho, 555 Broadway between Prince & Spring Streets
- Be one of the first 50 customers here and receive a free makeover and a “Stila-Girl” inspired sketch of yourself
Sephora Columbus Circle, 10 Columbus Circle between West 58th & 60th Streets
- Celebrity skin experts Sophie Evans and Fiona Locke of St. Tropez share all their beauty secrets
- Complimentary spray tanning
- Product giveaways- all customers will receive a free gift with a St. Tropez purchase; change to a prize valued at $200
Lord & Taylor, 424 5th Avenue between East 38th and 39th
- Wear This, Not That author Suze Yalof Schwartz answers all your style questions. Enter to win a $1,000 shopping spree
- Singer/Songwriter Solange Knowles will be DJing. Meet her and receive a photo
- Meet Ivanka Trump and receive a photo
Macy’s Herald Square, 151 West 34th Street at 6th Avenue
- Gucci Guilty Dance Party with Samantha Ronson
- Appearances by Tommy Hilfiger, Coco Rocha, America’s Next Top Model Judge J. Alexander, Bobbi Brown, Anna Dello Russo, Karolina Kurkova, and Rachel Roy
- Live musical performance by Joss Stone
Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 5th Avenue at 49th Street
- The Chronicles of Narnia, Tilda Swinton will be making an appearance with Pringle of Scotland designer Alistair Carr and Central Saint Martins’ Louise Wilson
- Hat signing and performance by Ne-Yo
- Win a $10,00 Fall Shopping Spree from StyleList, visit: stylelist.com/saks/
Victoria’s Secret, 591 Broadway between Houston and Prince Streets
- Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Erin Heatherton, and Lily Aldridge will be offering customer makeovers, photo opportunities and a fragrance preview
L’Occitane, 48 9th Avenue at 14th Street; 146 Spring Street between Wooster St & Broadway
- Complimentary chilled rosé
- Complimentary hand massages
- Riviera-inspired tote bag filled with the brands most essential beauty goodies
QVC, 428 Broadway between Howard & Canal Streets
- Meet QVC Designers as they discuss fashion, beauty and trends
- Try on the latest fashion and accessories in the Rowenta fashion closet
- Heidi Klum is unveiling her new jewelry line for QVC, WILDLIFE by Heidi Klum
Bloomingdale’s, Soho, 504 Broadway between Spring and Broome
- Appearance by Rachel Zoe; her recent clothing line The Rachel Zoe Collection is available for purchase
- Appearance by Erin Wasson and her capsule collection for Zadig & Voltaire
- A truth or lie game told to shoppers; hosted by Bono’s Wife, Ali Hewson
Helmut Lang, 93 Mercer Street at Spring Street
- Live performance by indie band Best Coast
- Food by Luke’s Lobster; Drinks by Death + Company
- An interactive digital photo booth will livestream images from store onto helmutlang.com
La Maison du Chocolat, 30 Rockefeller Plaza at 49th Street; 1018 Madison Avenue between 78th & 79th Streets
- La Maison du Chocolat will be hosting a chocolate ganache tasting
New York & Company, 715 Lexington Avenue between 57th St & 58th Streets
- Shop, eat and take pictures with the cast of The Real Housewives of New York City, Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, Kelly Killoren Bensimon and Ramona Singer
- Music by DJ Steve Powers
Patricia Field, 302 Bowery between E Houston & Bleecker Streets
- Meet designers V.O.N., Seville Michelle Anastos, Phillipe & David Blond, and Zana Bayne
- Receive special gift bags and be included a prize raffle
- Vodka cocktails will be served; party goes until 1am
Rebecca Taylor, 34 Gansevoort Street between Hudson & Greenwich Streets
- Jams provided by Brooklyn band AVAN LAVA along with DJ performances by Narcisse & Fischerspooner’s Ian Pai & Le Chev
- Enter the “Who Wore it Best” contest from 7pm-9pm to win 2 tickets to a Rebecca Taylor Fashion Show
- Blooming Cake Pops and Svedka vodka cocktails will be served
Scott J Aveda. Salonspa, 242 East 86th Street between 2nd & 3rd Avenue
- Free Hair Care Consultations, Makeup Touch Ups, and Hand Treatments
- Be one of the first 50 guest and receive an AVEDA Product Gift and a voucher for a complimentary hair treatment with your next service
Vera Wang, 158 Mercer Street between Prince & W Houston Streets
- Vera Wang and her team will peruse NYC in their customized Mister Softee truck; giving out free ice cream
- Shopping incentives and giveaways available
Worth & Worth, 45 West 57th Street between Fifth & Avenue of the Americas
- Great Gatsby themed Gala including build your own hat event, celebrity hat auction, cocktails, live music, photo booth, and more
Madison Avenue Spy Fashion Hunt, shops between 57th & 86th Streets
- The ultimate scavenger hunt-shoppers are invited to attend and tweet pictures from a list of events happening at retailers on Madison Avenue (between 57th-86th streets). Shoppers who complete three tasks will be directed to a secret Madison Avenue location where they will be awarded with prizes and champagne
- Chance to win from leading brands like Betsey Johnson, Juicy Couture, La Perla; for officials rules, visit madisonavenuespy.com
Manolo Blahnik, 31 West 54th New York NY 10019
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Manolo Blahnik USA invite you to celebrate Fashion’s Night Out on September 8th at their boutique where they will unveil a special shoe Sarah Jessica teamed up with Manolo in designing.
- In toasting this very special collaboration a van will be tooting around the city with Manolo’s favorite treat—milkshakes.
- Milkshakes and Manolos, what could be better! A portion of the proceeds will go to The Fund for Public Schools.
The Beverly Center, 8500 Beverly Boulevard
- This star-studded Luxury Fashion Show hosted by Nicole Richie will feature the trendiest fall looks. Expect to see an abundance of A-listers, press, and fashion editors
Alice + Olivia, 134 South Robertson Boulevard
- This carnival-inspired theme block party makes you feel like a kid again with sno-cones, cotton candy, games and raffles
ADBD Space (Paul Frank Pop-Up Shop), 8246 Beverly Blvd
- This retro-inspired disco themed party hosted by Paul Frank and Red Light PR is complete with a pop-up shop, henna tattoos, and a custom photobooth. Taryn Manning will be Djing the event. Don’t miss out on the fully stocked candy bar and drinks all night
City Style Collective, 695 North Miami Avenue
- 30 of Miami’s hottest acts from fashion and beauty will be participating in this pop-up shop event. This jammed-packed event will feature mini-make-overs, hair touch-ups, photo shoots, dancing, live entertainment, and music provided by DJ Rob Di Nero
Galleria Dallas, 13350 Dallas Parkway Suite 3080
- Participating retailers here are offering a ton of deals and freebies: Prosecco and Italian specialty cocktails at Gucci, photo sessions at Saks Fifth Avenue taken by an Estée Lauder photography artist; free wristlet with your purchase of $150 at Dooney & Bourke
Oak Street Shops, Oak Street between Michigan Avenue and State Street
- Drink and meet the designers of Henry & Belle Denim Company all while receiving a 20% discount; Ashley Zisook, owner of Sofia and her stylists will be offering champagne, discounts and giveaways. First 500 guests receive a FNO tote bag. All shoppers will receive one raffle ticket with every purchase at a participating store
Shopping for a cause: NYC AIDS Fund is the official charity of Fashion Night Out where 40% of proceeds from sales of the limited edition FNO t-shirts ($25), long-sleeved shirts ($30), caps ($15), and totes ($50) will be donated. The collection is available at various retailers and major department stores and online at fashionsnightout.com/collection
Barneys will be donating 10% of its FNO sales at the Barneys Madison Avenue store (and 10% of Barneys.com sales) to the National September 11th Memorial & Museum.
Shop the Full Story: Look Fab for The Fourth of July
Shop the Full Story: Chic and Casual Summer Clothes
Finding the right pieces for your best gorgeous + glam look is easy, but who says elegance is an evening-only affair? Equal parts comfy and chic, we’ve compiled a list of on-trend casual clothes for summer – mix and match for a variety of looks guaranteed to keep you looking cute long before cocktail hour.
It’s all about fit this summer… less of it! Stay lovely in tanks that are loose and frame-flattering, such as this nautical-striped silk top from Joie or SPLENDID’s Cotton Mesh & Chambray Stripe Tank. Like any designer piece worth its price tag, beauty is in the details: Accenting the finer, delicate features of your body is both sexy and feminine. We’re loving scoopnecks, the perfect style for highlighting your collarbone and elongating your neck. Try ecoSkin’s Hydra Top, Two Color Rugby Stripe Scoopneck Top from SPLENDID, or Ralph Lauren’s Modal-Cashmere Scoopneck Tee for a look that shows you off without showing too much. If your taste is more dramatic than demure, we recommend Rammy Brook’s DEBBY top. The charmeuse staple combines the airy flow of a summer tank with the daring plunge of a night-worthy neckline, while the high neck in back and careful front drapery keep it just right for the daylight hours.
Get back in touch with your inner child this summer by channeling this season’s whimsical inspiration: Rainbow Bright. Summer’s hottest bottoms are coming fast and fashionable in an assortment of colors, from muted rose to hot, hot pink. J Brand’s Cut-off Shorts come in five eye-popping varieties, while Forever 21’s short shorts have you (mostly!) covered, with faded denim cutoffs available in a trio of light, pastel shades. Skinny jeans are a great fit all year round, and the warmer months are a perfect excuse to experiment with a warmer color palette. Rag & Bone have a sweetly rose-toned skinny cigarette pant, Urban Outfitters offers a high-rise take on the look in berry, and for an even comfier fit with the skinny flair, we can’t wait to kick back in American Apparel’s Unisex Stretch Twill Slim Slack, carried in both hot + cold colors. Twill is our latest material of choice, great for those lazy days that mosey rather than move too quickly, and Forever 21’s Twill Joggers are right up our alley of relaxation. Ramy Brook’s Silk Stretch Charmeuse pants are a higher-end take on the jogger look, offered in the more understated options of mocha and fern.
There’s lots of crossover action going on in this season’s dress designs, and we want a piece of it! Both Edit and H&M are carrying dresses with the detailing of a great fitted shirt, replete with sleeveless button-up fronts and attached belts. We’re reaching for Phillip Lim’s Sleeveless Belted Patch Pocket Dress W/ Shirtail Hem, and H&M’s spin on the style, in either white or brown. Can’t decide which style suits you best? There’s always James & Joy’s Orange Convertible Dress, which goes both ways to equal fun and flirty effect: Pull the fitted bottom down for a sassy shift, or hike it up and pair over skinny jeans to wear as a loose, flowy top. For those whose style trends to the wild, jungle genre-bending is in: mix your maxis with fierce patterns, including Mink Pink’s Tribal Dancer Dress or TIBI’s Mosaic-print stretch-jersey maxi dress.
There’s only one way to move when your heels are strapped and styled in summer’s must-have sandals: sashay! Gladiators are still very much on-trend, but to more understated – and comfortable – effect. K.Jacques Suede Knot Sandal is a simple interpretation of the distinctly summer design, with a single strap around the heel and two encircling the front of the foot. A more open shoe, Endless’ Cocobelle Women’s Samuna Sandal puts a spin on traditional straps by twisting them over and around the big toe, while the crisscross design of Urban Outfitters’ Ecote Toehold Simple Gladiator Sandal keeps the detailing and definition of traditional Gladiators without restricting your foot.
Coco Chanel always said she never left the house without taking at least one item off – but she didn’t have accessories like these. We say, the more the merrier when it comes to Chan Luu: Layer the wrap bracelets for an exotic, beachy vibe, or wrap your wrists in a leather or intricately beaded cuff. Jill Heller Fine Jewelry is dedicated to bringing spiritual substance to the style of her Abundance bracelets – each sterling silver or gold-linked piece comes encased with a “scrolled mantra for abundance,” including instructions on how best to use the fashionable and wise words.
Any outfit, no matter the time of day, is ever complete without the right bag to complement, highlight, and pull everything together! For a comfy look, go for bags that, like your outfit, are less structured: CALYPSO St. Barth for Target’s Linen Tote is the perfect accessory for any relaxed beach-day wear, functionally sized and decorated with fun threaded detailing. CALYPSO’s Convertible Tote may be a little pricier, but it stands apart from the style pack as a study in daytime slouch chic.