QVC Beauty Picks
Shopping on QVC has recently become a guilty pleasure for us with all of its new and fabulous product offerings! Check out some of our favorite beauty product picks to help get you through the summer looking your best.
Josie Maran Argan Tinted Moisturizer with Concealer, $44
We are always looking for no-fuss makeup during the summer months and tinted moisturizers seem to do the trick. This one from Josie Maran is no exception…they are taking it one step further and pairing their moisturizer with a full-coverage concealer. The moisturizer offers a sheer, lightweight SPF formula infused with Argan Oil to leave your skin feeling smooth and looking flawless. And for those days we need a little extra help, the concealer helps to hide dark circles, redness and any uneven tone you might have.
Best Body Moisturizers
When we think about skincare this time of year, the number one factor is usually sun protection. But summer skin still craves moisture! I’ve rounded up my favorite moisturizers to quench dry skin any time of year.
MALIN+GOETZ Neroli Hand+Body Lotion, $34
I love this lightweight and non-greasy moisturizer for summer. Founders Matthew Malin and Andrew Goetz produce their all-natural products in their vintage-feel New York apothecary, so you can feel good about what you’re putting on your skin and where it’s coming from.
Kiehl’s Vanilla & Cedarwood Hand & Body Lotion, $26
I’m a huge fan of Kiehl’s products and recently tried their new scented body lotions full of shea butter and botanical oils to care for your skin. This scent was my favorite. It’s also available in Fig Leaf and Sage, which is a great unisex scent.
Lalicious Sugar Reef Body Butter, $25
This all-natural formula has an addictive tropical scent and a label with ingredients you can actually pronounce. Aloe and Vitamin E smooth skin for up to 24 hours.
Body Shop Jumbo Mango Body Butter, $19
Body Shop’s body butters are a cult favorite…everyone has their favorite scent! The ultra-rich formula is luxurious to apply and will leave your skin feeling soft and supple.
Booth’s 4-in-1 Multi-Action Body Lotion Vanilla Butter, $9.99
This delicious smelling lotion pampers your skin with all the ingredients found in the best facial moisturizers including skin-firming caffeine and essential oils.
Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion, $8.49
After trying so many lotions for extremely dry skin, I still come back to this vitamin-rich drugstore find. If your skin is sensitive to fragrance and needs a little extra TLC, slather this on all over. It’s extra nourishing if you apply to damp skin after the shower.
Queen Helene Cocoa Butter, $3.99
This inexpensive find is an excellent after sun moisturizer because it quenches dry skin and smells like summer!
Summer Skincare 101
Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration SPF 50, $10.99
Protect your skin with a hydrating sunscreen. Hawaiian Tropic is known for a delicious tropical scent in their sunscreens. This new product is less greasy than the original, and is perfect to use as an everyday moisturizer with sun protection.
Josie Maran Argan Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30, $38
Upgrade the SPF in your makeup with a tinted face moisturizer. It provides skin perfecting coverage as well as SPF 30, which is higher than most cosmetic sunscreens. I love that Josie Maran makes all of her products with Argan oil, one of the best natural moisturizing ingredients.
Doctor T’s Supergoop SPF 30, $8.50
Don’t forget about your lips! Lip products often don’t have a high SPF, yet our lips have the thinnest skin on our body. Supergoop’s lip balms smell incredible and are super moisturizing, perfect for a day at the beach.
Living Proof Restore Revitalizing Spray with heat and UV protection, $26
Your hair can fall victim to sun damage as well. The latest line to come from Living Proof’s labs helps repair dry and damaged hair while keeping it looking smooth and gorgeous. This conditioning spray protects from heat and the sun’s rays, too!
Tip: use spray on hair after a swim.
Essie Sun-e with UV protection, $15
Prevent nail polish from fading or yellowing in the sun with this top coat. No more dull summer pedicures!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Hawaiian Tropic® Sun Care via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Hawaiian Tropic.
Hawaiian Tropic is a trademark of Tanning Research Laboratories, LLC.
You can now also check out the Glam.com “Things We Love” hub sponsored by Hawaiian Tropic!
Earth Day Essentials – 8 Gorgeous Things For You and Mother Earth
Earth Day (April 22nd) is around the corner, and the perfect time to embrace what’s good for the planet and good for you too. Here are 8 eco-chic fashion and beauty essentials that will leave you looking and feeling your best, from head to toe.
Zelens Triple-Action Advanced Eye Cream, $120
Combining an innovative mix of potent active ingredients with antioxidants, plant extracts and marine collagen, this eye cream tightens the skin and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles, minimizes puffiness, and reduces dark circles. Free of mineral oils and parabens, this is my new favorite eye rescue.
Best Restorative Oils for Your Skin
Olio Lusso which means luxury oil in Italian was founded in 2007 by Linda Rodin, a former model and fashion editor, whose daily beauty regimen is as luxe and low maintenance as it gets, consisting solely of her Olio Lusso and lipstick! A celeb favorite of Julianne Moore and Molly Sims, the botanical and floral chemical-free essential oil is non-greasy and great for soothing, softening, and glowing skin; just take a look at Linda Rodin!
Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Body Oil, BUY NOW,$95
My Favorite Chic and Eco-friendly Products in Honor of Earth Day
Goodbye granola, hello glamour. Just because you shop eco-friendly doesn’t mean you need to compromise on style! Who says that environmentally conscious products need to be made of hemp and colored in straw tones? Today, it is just as easy to be eco-conscious as eco-chic. In honor of Earth Day this month, here are my top picks for fun and fabulous, environmentally friendly products.
Josie Maran Make-Up: I love this earth-friendly beauty line because it features pure and gentle cosmeticsin an abundant array of colors and textures. Products are made with Moroccan Argan oil, an organic ingredient known to help and prevent dehydration, inflammation, and hyper-pigmentation. The oil is rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, which have anti-aging properties. Formulas are packed with botanical ingredients, and products are packaged with recyclable and biodegradable materials.
1. Josie Maran Beautiful Lips Collection: This collection has a $98 value and includes Josie’s best selling Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stains and Natural Volume Lip Glosses. The stains come in Waltz (soft berry rose) and Quickstep (soft mauvy rose), and the glosses come in Optimism (sheer shimmering golden beige), Precious (sheer petal pink), and Voluptuous (sheer plum wine). For an added bonus, a deluxe sample size of Argan Oil is included the collection.
Buy Now, $42
2. Josie Maran Argan Eye Love You Too Palette: This limited-edition palette contains eight Argan-infused eye shadows in natural tones complementary to anyone’s eye color and complexion. The palette also comes with an easy-to-follow, how-to card from Josie herself, featuring step-by-step instructions on how to create the ideal day and night looks.
Buy Now, $42
3. Fashionation’s Foldable Speakers: These foldable speakers pump up the glam with their great sounds and fun designs. My daughter has her eye on the leopard print! Made from recycled materials, these speakers require no batteries and fold flat for convenient storage and portability. They are also quite affordable and universally compatible with iPods, MP3 players, laptops and more. LOVE it!
Buy now, $14.99
4. Hanky Panky Earth Day Cami & Boyshort: Green is the new black when it comes to this sexy and comfortable lingerie. The cami and boyshort are super soft and made with organically grown cotton jersey. Adorned with cotton lace and rosettes, these pieces are as adorable as they are environmentally friendly. The design, color and feel of the fabric make these fab pieces a perfect addition to your lingerie closet. They will definitely be added to mine!
Buy Now – Cami $39
5. Aveda Light the Way Candle: Made from 100% naturally derived soy wax and infused with organic lavender, the Aveda limited-edition candle is more than just another green product that smells great—it’s charitable as well. 100% of the proceeds go to Global Greengrants, a group that funds projects to help protect water rights and access around the world.
Buy Now, $12
6. Recycled Auto Glass- Wine Glasses: What better way to drink wine than from a stemless glass made from unique yet wonderfully worn automotive glass? The design is modern and chic, and each glass is a one-of-a-kind in its own way with air bubbles and varying thicknesses and textures. They are sturdy and strong with a slight green hue—just like that of a windshield. These glasses are so cool!
Buy Now, $28
7. Kiss My Face Peace Soap: I love this all natural and all purpose Castile Soap that comes in various scents like grassy mint and lavender mandarin! It cleaned my countertops, removed a stain from a chair, and was great in the shower. It is also available as a foaming pump soap (my kids are big fans). Green and charitable too, 10% of the profits are donated to Seeds of Peace to benefit young people in regions of conflict.
Buy Now, $15.99
8. Cygalle Sea Pearl Elixir: A new favorite of mine, this all natural moisturizing serum has a lovely light texture and mild scent. Made of seaweed, coconut extract, cucumber,and palm tree origin, the Cygalle Healing Spa Sea Pearl Elixir is the perfect warm weather moisturizer because of its non-oily base. The moisturizer gives your skin a gorgeous glow and enhances its elasticity. It also boasts a slew of B vitamins, which help prevent premature aging. It can also be used under your existing moisturizer for added benefits. Fans of Cygalle’s Healing Spa products include Kate Hudson, Helena Christensen, David Blaine and Rosario Dawson.
Buy Now $25 (2oz) and $75 (8oz)