Lauren Conrad, famously known by her TV nickname LC, has come a long way since her MTV days. The former Laguna Beach and The Hills star has branched out, solidifying herself as a mogul and entrepreneur. From launching her first collection, The Lauren Conrad Collection, in 2007, to becoming a New York Times best-selling author of L.A Candy, Sweet Little Lies, Sugar and Spice, and Lauren Conrad Style, Lauren Conrad isn’t slowing down anytime soon. With over 2.5 million Twitter followers, we can’t get enough of this golden girl either.
From gracing numerous magazine covers to appearing on talk shows, Conrad works behind the cameras as well. Conrad developed and currently runs two successful websites, Lauren Conrad, a website about style, dining, primping, and decorating, among other topics and Beauty Department, a website about tips, trends, and hair and makeup how-to’s.
The 26-year-old California native chatted with PageDaily about her upcoming book, The Fame Game, (it’s slightly darker than her previous ones), her favorite beauty products, and the best advice she’s ever gotten.
MW: Congratulations on your latest book, The Fame Game. What’s it like publishing a book?
LC: Writing and publishing a book is really surreal. I have always loved to read but never imagined one day I would be a New York Times bestselling author. I am so humbled and grateful my fans like the books as much as I enjoy writing them.
MW: Lauren Conrad Style is all about being effortlessly chic. How do you define your personal style?
LC: I like to say I am modern chic. Romantic and feminine with a hint of playfulness.
MW: What are some of your upcoming projects?
LC: I am currently working on the second book in The Fame Game series as well as a beauty book called Lauren Conrad Beauty, due out October, 2012. I am also designing LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl’s and my new line Paper Crown, that includes feminine dresses, tops, bottoms, and menswear inspired basics.
PageDaily Picks from the Spring 2012 Paper Crown collection:
Wildflower Dress in Multi Dot Print, Lily Skirt in Brushed Bloom Print, and Celsia Blouse in Nude are all perfect additions to your spring wardrobe.
MW: What was the inspiration behind LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl’s Spring 2012 collection?
LC: Color. I love using color for spring and we have some great pieces in a really cool orange/red color. Also floral. What is spring without it.
PageDaily Picks from LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl’s:
LC Lauren Conrad Colorblock Accordion-Pleat Dress, $68.00, and the LC Lauren Conrad Floral Mock-Layer Dress, $64.00, both fun, flirty and inexpensive.
MW: How do you stay in shape? Do you have any specific foods or workouts that you swear by?
LC: I like to eat clean especially when I am really busy and traveling. Lots of veggies, simple lean proteins and no red meats. I always carry almonds and carrots with me. And I try to exercise when I can.
MW: What are some of your favorite beauty products?
MW: What are your must-have accessories?
LC: I love accessories that look like they were given or found rather than bought. Something that appears vintage even if it isn’t. Something that a friend or family member passed down to you.
MW: If you could be in any other profession, what would it be?
LC: I always dreamed of being a designer and I cannot imagine what I would do if I wasn’t. Perhaps I would work with animals.
MW: What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
LC: Follow your dreams, do the research and take the steps to make them a reality. Also, stay true to who you are.
MW: What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
LC: My dad always told us that old cliché “if you do something you love you will never work a day in your life.” I take that to heart.
MW: What are your guilty pleasures?
LC: Pizza and shoes.
MW: What do you always have in your purse?
LC: My Blackberry.
For more information on Lauren Conrad, visit her website.
Photos courtesy of PMK*BNC
With temperatures soon to be rising, we’ve got that spring fever and are celebrating with a very special PageDaily giveaway! Enter here for your chance to win a plethora of goodies sure to warm those winter bones and get you spring ready in no time. Our giveaway is stocked with fabulous picks like Ouidad hair care, ROXoxox jewelry, a FitBit Wireless Personal Trainer, StriVectin skincare and much more!
Our Spring Fever giveaway package is valued over $1000 and includes:
- ROXoxox Island Rox bracelet/necklace and Dune Rox Ring. Rock some serious arm and finger candy with this braided leather and chain detailed bracelet (also doubles as a necklace) and their 14K GF and Citrine statement ring.
- Kristin McGee Fitness DVD’s. Get ready to shed the layers with workout guru Kristin McGee’s workout DVD’s including, MTV Power Yoga, Kristin McGee’s Power Yoga, YogaTone, Bendigirl and Body by Bethenny.
- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner and Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel. The Prickly Pear Cactus Extract, Green Tea and Vitamin B5 infused conditioner promotes long-lasting hydration and helps seal the cuticle layer of hair, preventing frizz and encouraging a healthier scalp. An Allure magazine, Glam.com and Daily Glow favorite, the heat activated gel is made of wheat protein that breathes in humidity- protecting the hair shaft for a perfectly styled do.
- 2 Exude Lip Glosses. Exude’s custom smooth and non sticky formula not only hydrates your lips with an anti-aging complex and gives you show stopping color but it’s also celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe’s favorite!
- Electric Yoga Bolt Bag. The neon lightning bolt bag is lightweight, beyond functional and waterproof lined- perfect for errands, spring time workouts and beach visits!
- StriVectin-SD Volumizing Hand Treatment and StriVectin-SH Dermal Infusion Mask . Give Father Time a run for his money with this revolutionary cream that combats five signs of aging hands. Rejuvenate with the intensive restorative mask that nourishes and firms skin, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stephanie Johnson ML Traveler. Tote your beauty bounty in style with this roomy and chic make-up case.
- FitBit Wireless Personal Trainer. The Wireless Personal Trainer is like having your own personal trainer but better. Monitor workouts, sleep and food intake with wireless updates and app syncing to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Essie Nail Varnish. Rock the season’s hottest shades on your hands with four different varnishes.
- Spa Water Guide Book and Water Bottle. Create healthy, delicious and inexpensive vitamin-infused water with this collection of twenty two refreshing recipes from award-winning spas around the world and take it on the go with an eco friendly water bottle.
- Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Shimmer Dust. Add a little sparkle to your look with this paraben free microcrystalline shimmer designed to pouf the perfect sparkle onto your face, body and hair.
- Illamasqua Precision Ink. Create a perfectly defined eye with their fine tip liner that is long lasting and waterproof.
- Clearasil PerfectaWash. This innovative Automatic Face Wash Dispenser delivers the perfect dose of dermatologist tested cleanser for visibly clearer skin in twelve hours without over drying.
- Make Up Forever Make-Up. Nab color palettes from the industry’s go-to brand which was created in 1984 in the discreet Parisian workshop-boutiqe of renowned make-up artist Danny Sanz.
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Body Lotion. Instantly smooth and nourish wintery dehydrated skin for a soft, smooth and moisturized and spring ready skin!
- Limited Edition POP Phone Handset in Gold. Chat in style with this metallic handset that eliminates over 99% of absorbed radiation from cell phones.