This fall marked the launch of designer Shoshanna Gruss‘s first-ever foray into the online shopping scene. Her new website, www.shoshanna.com, has been open for e-commerce since September, allowing consumers to easily shop for her feminine and sexy styles. The website features more than just the designer’s duds though, offering style inspiration, insider shopping events, style tips from Shoshanna, as well as a dedicated bridal assistance page to help women in their search for the perfect wedding and bridesmaid dresses. Always fabulous, Shoshanna has shared some of her fall fashion and beauty picks with us, including some from her new store. Click through to check them out!
Shoshanna Cassidy Dress, $345.00
I LOVE the shape and color of this dress. Change your accessories and freshen up your makeup to easily go from day to evening.
Shoshanna Erica Dress, $375.00
This print is amazing and is so easy to wear. The pockets are an added plus for carrying your lip gloss or phone.
Finding the perfect bag to tote all of your “stuff,” or just important essentials can require some research. I am very particular when purchasing a new a bag because they can sometimes be quite an investment and I want to make sure I will love it for several seasons. Here are ten of my favorite picks in all price ranges–there is something for everyone from boho chic to classic elegance!
1. Lanvin Amalia Shopping Tote, BUY NOW, $1,900
I bought the Lavin Amalia shopping tote a few years ago in a metallic taupe and it is still one of my year round go-to bags. You will have and love this one forever. The price is high but definitely worth the investment.
2. Proenza Schouler PS1 Medium Leather satchel, BUY NOW, $1,595
The wildly popular Proenza Schouler PS1 bag is a modern classic. It’s a perfect every day bag and never goes out of style.
3. Alexander Wang Donna Hobo, BUY NOW, $815
I’m obsessed with the Donna leather bags from Alexander Wang. Check out the unique downtown style with all of the zipper detail, love the leopard print too!
4. Marc New York Backstage Satchel, BUY NOW, $295
This is a casual and sophisticated every day bag made with the softest of leather!
5. MICHAEL Michael Kors Handbag, BUY NOW, $268
The MICHAEL Michael Kors Jet Set Chain, large tote is a great option for a bag that holds everything and is also well-priced. Python is on trend for this season but if it’s not your style,
the bag comes in other colors and plain leather too!
6. Tylie Malibu Women’s Jet Set Kramer Fringe Cross Body Bag, BUY NOW, $225
This LA-style cross body bag has a back slip pocket and is available in four great colors–black, emerald, navy and tobacco.
7. Lauren Merkin Bag, BUY NOW, $195
Lauren Merkin makes beautiful clutches that are priced well for their quality. This one covers two hot trends: it’s metallic AND cobra embossed. All of her clutches come with a shoulder chain inside, which makes it easy to wear when you are at a cocktail party and need your hands.
8. Rebecca Minkoff Skull Crossbody, BUY NOW, $150
Rebecca Minkoff makes amazing bags and this adorably rebellious cross body one is ideal for holding just the essentials. It is perfect for casual days and lovers of skull accessories like me.
9. Ivanka Trump Victoria top handle satchel, BUY NOW, $150
You can really see Ivanka Trump’s taste and style here. A quintessential bag for the classic and elegant woman.
10. Aldo handbag, BUY NOW, $35
This little Aldo bag is so chic and great for when you just want to take the essentials: phone, lip gloss, cash and keys. A great transition bag, to take you from day to night.
One of my fave places to shop on the Upper East Side is Edit New York – I live in all the clothes I buy there! They carefully “edit” the best styles from designer brands like Alexander Wang, Rag and Bone and Phillip Lim and offer great personalized service. One of my favorite go-to dresses is a T by Alexander Wang black dress that I bought there last season. I paired it with a the cutest fur vest by Rebecca Taylor, also from Edit. For fall, I love this gorgeous Proenza Schouler dress and the sand-washed ruffle side dress from Thakoon, two of my favorite designers. Shopping in Edit’s gorgeous and townhouse is just divine. I am not alone here–Gossip Girls Blake Lively and Leighton Meester were just spotted shopping there recently!
While we are still obsessing over the amazing Spring/Summer hairstyles we saw earlier this month at Lincoln Center for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, we’re also ready to step up our hair game for this season. Luckily, PageDaily was backstage at last February’s Fall 2011 Fashion Week, too, and caught up with the best hair experts in the business who gave us all the tips, tricks and product picks you need to get flawless hair this Fall!
Size may not always matter but when it comes to hair this Fall, bigger is better. Models at Bibhu Mohapatra, Cynthia Rowley, Marchesa, Vivienne Tam and L.A.M.B. sported dramatic updos like bird’s nest buns and retro pompadours.
Hair Care Products for the Dramatic Volume Trend:
Buy Now, L’Oreal Professionnel Infinium, $24
Buy Now, Fekkai Coiff Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel, $24
Effortlessly chic textured ponytails were also a runway favorite in February. They were windswept and natural at Rodarte; low and grungy at Tibi; and polished ‘60s mod on the side at Kate Spade. This trend is perfect for Fall’s laid-back looks but can also add some attitude to a polished black dress.
Hair Care Products for the Textured Ponytail Trend:
Buy Now, Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray, $22.99
Buy Now, René Furterer Vegetal Mousse, $23
Buy Now, Rsession Tools Pin-Up Girl Hair Styling Kit, $24.99
If last February’s shows were any prediction, we’ll be seeing lots of tousled, relaxed braids this Fall like the ones dressed with turbans at Mara Hoffman or the multiple strands we saw at HERCHCOVITCH; ALEXANDRE. We love that this look works best with dirty hair!
Hair Care Products for Braids with a Twist Trend:
Buy Now, Bumble and Bumble Grooming Creme, $26
Buy Now, Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray, $13.98
We saw romantic undone curls and waves backstage at Chris Benz, Prabal Gurung, Rebecca Minkoff, Vena Cava, Christian Siriano and Rebecca Taylor. You can achieve this easy-to-do look at home with a little help from a styling product like and by either curling hair with a small barrel curling iron and then brushing out or loosely braiding it and the applying heat with a blow dryer or flat iron. If it looks morning-after chic, you’re on the right track.
Hair Care Products for the Undone Curls & Waves Trend:
Buy Now, Ouidad PlayCurl Volumizing Foam, $22
Buy Now, Fekkai Coiff Océanique Tousled Wave Spray, $24
Buy Now, Ted Gibson Fix It Styling Gel, $7.75
If you’re not one to go crazy styling your hair, one way to update your look this Fall is with a statement-making part. Stylists’ backstage Nicole Miller and Proenza Schouler shows created severe center parts while those at Timo Weiland and Tadashi Shoji styled defined side parts. The only tool you need is a tail comb!
Hair Care Products for the Defined Part Trend:
Buy Now, Catwalk by Tigi Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray, $28
Buy Now, Redken Velvet Gelatine 07 Cushioning Blow-Dry Gel, $15.73
Rsession Tools Runway Series Pin Point Straightening Iron, $79.99
As summer comes to an end, feel beautiful and confident as the season transitions into colder temperatures. Here are some of my wardrobe and beauty must have’s for the upcoming season. And remember, don’t be afraid to experiment – trust your instincts and find what works for you!
· Look 1: Sweater Dress – A short sweater dress is a staple piece for your transitional wardrobe. Try the Shoshanna Olive ¾ sleeve merino wool and silk combo dress, and match it with a great Leopard bag like this Jerome Dreyfuss Billy Large Shoulder Bag. Ankle boots are perfect to pair with your short dresses as we get into September – save skin tight boots for winter weather. These lace up chunky heels by Madison Harding are a perfect example.
· Look 2: Lace – Lace is a big trend this Fall. This classic Shoshanna shift silhouette, enhanced with an overlay of black floral lace and a prettily scalloped hem works for day and night. Wear it to work with a lightweight black crepe blazer like this one by Vanessa Bruno then dress it up with a gorgeous Edie Parker clutch for a night out! The Laura clutch in an ocean pearlescent and amethyst mica stripes paired with the Nicholas Kirkwood Erdem Printed Crepe Platform Pump compliments the dress perfectly.
· Look 3: Prints – Start to bring out your rich fall prints like the Shoshanna La Dolce Vita cascading front dress. This dress has the perfect combination of warm and cool colors that get you in the mood for Fall. Style it with a chunky statement necklace. Dannijo has some of my favorite Fall jewelry this year! This bib necklace can be paired with almost everything in my closet. The citrine stones and pearl beads give just the right amount of color to the antique brass chain. Pull the whole look together with these black Proenza Schouler multi-strap suede sandals with geometric cutouts.
· My Perfect Makeup– Keep your summer tan glow with the Shoshanna “3 X A Charm” luminizer, bronzer, blush trio from my best friend Charlotte Ronson’s new cosmetic line exclusively at Sephora. It’s a whole new wardrobe for your cheeks: mix and match this trio of colors to create a range of looks. Each features LFT™ (Light Filter Technology) to automatically adjust its pigments based on your lighting. The result is the perfect glow under any light, day or night. Made with long-lasting, jet-milled talc, these three silky powders glide on evenly to create a natural, healthy-looking glow. Moisturizers and vitamins calm and soothe thirsty skin. This Trio brings out a fresh glow—and offers multiple ways to transition your own look. I love her whole collection and the lip gloss named after Charlotte’s sister Samantha is simple enough to wear and has just the right amount of color. Don’t forget your lashes! My go-to mascara is Lancome Hypnose – it wraps lashes one luxurious layer at a time without smearing, smudging or clumping!
You can also find Shoshanna at:
We loved the effortless look with a new “twist” Ted Gibson created for Lela Rose: “The new braid for Spring!” We can actually do this one ourselves.
We think textured, beachy So-Cal hair like the looks created by curl expert Ouidad backstage at Timo Weiland will be an easy trend to create at home this Spring and Summer. Try a loose updo topped with a sporty backwards baseball cap.
We saw a chic, sleek pony styled by Renato Campora for Frederic Fekkai at Marchesa. Dress it up by wrapping a section of hair around ponytail to conceal the band.
The look at Rachel Zoe was a heavy eye with natural lips. The lipstick from her new Exude line was used on the models in Nude.
Brows are going to be huge for Spring! The models at Altuzarra sported minimal makeup but with serious brows created by MAC make-up artists. They were also responsible for the major brows backstage at Proenza Schouler and paired them with pretty flushed cheeks.
Statement-making brows were the theme backstage at Cynthia Rowley too, where Make-up Forever artists used shadow to fill them in.
Brows were a big part of the look created by Francois Nars, founder of NARS cosmetics, for the Marc Jacobs show. A strong brow was paired with major lashes and nude lips inspired by Amy Winehouse.
Sally Hansen’s natural looking Parchment Complete Salon Manicure polish was used to create the natural-looking nails backstage at one of our favorite young designers, Alexander Wang.
Poppy red nails looked fresh on the models at Jason Wu. Their nails were polished with OPI’s Monsooner or Later.
Check out our backstage photo albums from fashion week on facebook:
Check out our Fashion Week Flashback: Best Beauty Tips for Fall/Winter 2011:
When all you can think about in the summer heat is comfort and staying cool, white items are the go-to pieces that make a statement. And the best part about wearing a white ensemble? It’s a blank canvas, ready and waiting to be accessorized . Just make sure you’re wearing the correct undergarments to prevent that dreaded VPL!
Go elegant yet subtle with this Ani Lee Taryn Dress as seen on Jamie Chung of Hangover 2. The plunging neckline and short hem is sexy while the classic cut and simple style is perfect for day or evening. Pair it with minimal accessories so the white can really stand out.
Buy Now, $299
Cutouts with intricate detailing seem to be all the rage right now. The front of the Sparkle and Fade Cutout Bustier Dress looks prim and proper, or even business casual but the back is a pleasant surprise of flirty triangle cutouts.
Buy Now, $69
Maxi dresses are still an “it” item this season. Featuring a scoop neckline, racerback with macramé straps, the ASOS Macramé Back Beach Dress is trendy and super comfortable. Add a statement necklace and you’re good to go!
Buy Now, $60
People say a black blazer is the ultimate closet staple. But a summer white one is just as crucial. Blazers in general are such timeless pieces that can dress up any outfit. Pair this Silence and Noise Boyfriend Blazer with a bright outfit and watch the heads turn. The clinched sleeves are also a cute, subtle touch.
Buy Now, $60-$80
Tired of plain white-tees? This Linen Lace-Up Tee from Calypso St. Barth is like a white-tee with a grungy feel. Love the lace-up neckline with antique brass grommets- great look with a pair of feathered earrings.
Buy Now, $85
Speaking of classics, white shorts are also a wardrobe must-have! These cuffed Helmut Lang Jacquard Facet Shorts will make your legs look miles long and it feature a tonal jacquard pattern that’s chic and subtle. A silk chiffon belt that buckles at the back is also attached.
Buy Now, $160
The Proenza Schouler (PS1) bag has become a celebrity “it” item ever since its debut. The sleek and clean look of the PS1 with it’s multiple pockets, top-handle and removable shoulder strap (great for functionality) has made it a must-have for celebs such as Reese Witherspoon, Vanessa Hudgens, and the Olsen twins.
Buy Now, $1,995
Look chic and protect your face from the sun with a cool pair of white shades. These oversized sunglasses by Roberto Cavalli feature round frames with a curved cut-out design to the temples, gold toned logo detailing on the arms and graduated tinted lenses. They will compliment any outfit, white or not!
Buy Now, $440
A big white hat is a great option especially in the summer heat, and perfect to protect your face from additional sun exposure. Achieve a playful look with this Floppy Summer Hat from American Apparel. You won’t even need any other accessories.
Buy Now, $38