Jennifer Lopez looked radiant at the Oscars donning one of the most highly sought after styles, the top knot. Utterly timeless and beyond chic, the style is great for special occasions and every day wear. Joshua Gambrell, stylist at Lotus Salon of Eufora International shared with us some of his insider tips on how to get the look without ever having to leave home.
A top knot should look effortless so make sure your hair is long enough to pull into a ponytail at your crown. Use a brush to pull hair into the ponytail for a smooth look. Secure the ponytail with a small clear plastic band. For a smooth top knot, wrap the hair around the band and secure with hair pins (not bobby pins). Complete the look with a finishing spray and a shine enhancer to add some glam to the look, I love Eufora’s Illuminate Shine Mist.
For an effortless, more messy top knot, use your hands and fingers as hair is pulled back into a ponytail at the crown. Secure the ponytail with a small clear plastic band, but for this softer look, don’t pull the hair all the way through the band. The hair that has been pulled through, pin loosely with hair pins. Complete the look with a flexible finishing spray to avoid a crunchy feeling and hold the messy look, such as Eufora’s Elevate Finishing Spray.
As much as we love checking out all of the new collections designers roll out, when you have backstage access it’s all about the beauty! The world’s best hair stylists and sought after make-up artists create the fabulous looks we see on the runway that set the trends for real life. Here are our picks of the coolest hair and make-up looks during New York Fashion Week.
Even if you don’t attend New York Fashion Week, you can of course catch all of the shows online, read about the collections, and see photos of celebs in the tabloids. What you can’t get without being there are the random experiences you only get from insider access — so we’re bringing you backstage and inside the tents to share with you our favorite non-fashion Fashion Week moments.
Celebrate Fall Fashion Week with a fabulous PageDaily giveaway! Enter here for your chance to win our chic bounty of hand picked items to get you runway ready from head to toe. Our giveaway is filled with stylish goodies from hot designer Ramy Brook, makeup by Sue Devitt, jewelry from Nicholai by Nicky Hilton, denim from James Jeans and much more!
Our Fall Fashion Week giveaway package is valued over $1000 and includes:
- Sharon Dorram Single Process Color at Sally Hershberger Salon. Make your hair a total do with a fresh color update from celeb and uber-colorist Sharon Doram!
- 4 Pairs of James Jeans. Rock Fashion Week with the best colors of Couture Skinny and Twiggy styles.
- Ramy Brook Cathy Dress. Channel the designer’s signature sexy, sophisticated and understated style with this gorgeous lavender halter dress.
- Nicholai by Nicky Hilton Jewelry. Successorize your FFW look with Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Kyle Richards’ favorite line. Giveaway includes the edgy Whitney ring and stud earrings.
- Sue Devitt Makeup. No look is complete without alluring eyes, and celeb favorite Sue Devitt makeup will get you catwalk ready with the Destination Eye Palette, Defining Eyeliner, Eye Intensifier, Lip Enhancing Gloss and more.
- Stephanie Johnson Make-up Bag. Tote all of your beauty bounty in style with this roomy and chic Stephanie Johnson case.
- AG Hair Cosmetic’s Smooth products. Prevent frizz and fly aways with AG Hair Cosmetic’s new and complete kit including Smooth- sulfate-free argan shampoo, Sleek- argan conditioner, Set it Straight- argan straightening lotion, Firewall- argan flat iron spray, the Oil- smoothing oil and Hydr8- argan hand moisturizer.
* Entering this contest will automatically subscribe you to PageDaily emails offering tips, tricks and product picks of celebrities and experts.