As much as we love checking out all of the new collections designers roll out, when you have backstage access it’s all about the beauty! The world’s best hair stylists and sought after make-up artists create the fabulous looks we see on the runway that set the trends for real life. Here are our picks of the coolest hair and make-up looks during New York Fashion Week.
Stefani Greenfield is a true style expert with several successful businesses under her belt. She is the co-founder of Scoop stores and was recently made Chief Creative Officer of the Jones Group. Stefani certainly knows a thing or two about effortlessly combining uptown chic with just the right amount of downtown cool. Check out some of her fabulous picks and tips on how to seamlessly “successorize” your spring time style.
Look 1: Vibrant Patterned Scarf – A bold, bright colored scarf is the perfect complement to any neutral dress this spring. My personal favorite is the Splendid maxi dress. The Theodora & Callum Jaipur Fringe Wearable Art Scarf will take your basics from ordinary to extraordinary! Finish off the look with some fabulous jewelry like the Theodora & Callum Silver/Brass/Gold Salon Bangles. For me gold bangles are a staple in my wardrobe, they can be thrown on with any look, in any climate and any time of year. Have fun mixing patterns and pair the outfit with these Theodora & Callum Orange Bali Espadrilles!
During Fashion Week it’s easy to get side-tracked with celeb sightings, crazy street style and after parties! The shows and presentations are a big production and what they are really all about is forecasting next season’s trends! We saw a ton of chic looks and put together our list of the biggest trends for Fall Winter 2012. From feminine menswear and fabulous furs, to sophisticated cut outs and sensual pleats, we can’t wait for another fall to arrive!
One trend that is going to continue to be huge for spring is colored denim. It’s a great and updated look to add some bright shades into your wardrobe so why not do it with denim? My favorite one to sport is the cobalt blue! Plus, it’s so easy to wear–just keep the rest of your outfit simple. Think a black tee, motorcycle boots and a scarf for a rocker chic look, or prep it up with ballet flats and a sweet cardi. For a retro throwback I love the Hamburg Skinny Crop Jeans. They come in White and Cherry Bomb and hit at just the right spot on your leg.
It’s best to splurge on staples and save on trends, so these Rock & Republic jeans are priced just right. They can also take you into next season, too: wear them now underneath a leather jacket and when the weather warms up, a loose racerback tank and chic sandals will be all you need.
“Kohl’s provided compensation to me as an incentive to blog about the Rock & Republic launch event. The opinions expressed herein are those of this author, and they have not been reviewed or approved by Kohl’s in advance.”
Spring is right around the corner, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is here…and a girl needs functional fashion during one of the chicest times of the year. Lucky for you and your attached-to-your-ears-and-fingers phone, top designers like Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Juicy Couture and more have come out with super-cute smartphone clutches!
Nothing says you’re a saucy stylista like toting the Michael Kors iPhone Wristlet in Red ($79.95). This red patent-leather clutch wallet features pocket space for several IDs and credit cards, along with an opening for all ports (making it easy to charge while inside the clutch). Plus, it’s compatible with iPhone® 3G, iPhone® 3GS and iPhone® 4!
Stars made their way down the red carpet for last night’s Grammy Awards. See which looks rocked and which looks hit a sour note.
Best: Taylor Swift
Taylor donned her most mature look on the red carpet, sparkling in a silk Zuhair Murad mermaid gown. “It’s one of my favorite dresses I’ve gotten to wear,” she told Seacrest before the show. “I saw it months ago, and I said ‘We’ve got to save this for the Grammys.'” We can see why!
Worst: Nikki Minaj
Nikki’s goal has to be to appear on every worst dressed list! Her scarlett Versace cape with striking black beading was daring, but that’s the only nicety we’ll give her! With a pope look-alike on her right arm, all we can think is – How sacrilegious can you get? Oh wait, then there was her Grammy performance…
Rihanna’s latest tattoo and recent reports that she went back to Chris Brown had us worried she was headed for a breakdown. If she is, you would never know it by looking at her. She was an absolute knockout in a Giorgio Armani dress she helped design. If this is what going crazy looks like, sign us up!
TV personality and fashion expert Jill Martin is the go-to girl for all things style. She is a regular contributor for NBC’s Today Show and is known for her popular “Ambush Makeovers” and “Steals and Deals” segments, and sports interviews for the NY Knicks. She is also the NY correspondent for Access Hollywood landing all big celeb interviews. I love that Jill always shares her insights on the latest trends and how best to shop on a budget. She also offers great advice through her fashion self-help books, “Fashion for Dummies” and New York Times best seller “I Have Nothing to Wear.” I caught up with the style maven to get some fashion and beauty tips, tricks and product picks!
MM: How do you best describe your look or style?
JM: Classic. I am most comfortable in jeans, a white t-shirt and ballet flats. The second I am done covering a red carpet, the heels come off and the Uggs go on!
MM: What are some recent purchases you are loving right now?
JM: My ALC Leather Dress (from 25Park.com), Alexander Wang long sleeve white t-shirt, fab turquoise earrings from Jennifer Miller Jewelry and hot pink Jimmy Choo sandals that I got at Bergdorf’s for 70% off!
MM: What is one timeless piece all women need in their wardrobe?
JM: A great pair of jeans!
MM: Who are some of your favorite designers in different price points and why?
JM: I love designers at all different price points: Dior, Michael Kors, Diane Von Furstenberg, Robert Rodriguez…and if you want a real deal, Zara has great pieces!
MM: What should every women splurge on?
JM: A great “schlep” bag!
MM: What are some things we can all do to de-clutter our closet?
JM: Go into your closet and take out your favorite things: blouse, jeans, sweater, slacks etc., and lay them on the bed. Then take out every other piece from your closet and if they don’t match up to the way you feel in your favorite items, then it’s time for them to go! I would rather you have 30 amazing pieces than 300 that are just “eh.”
MM: What are some tips for shopping smart?
JM: One-in, One-out (or for my mother, one-in, five-out). You shop smarter when you know you have to let something go.
Celebrate Fall Fashion Week with a fabulous PageDaily giveaway! Enter here for your chance to win our chic bounty of hand picked items to get you runway ready from head to toe. Our giveaway is filled with stylish goodies from hot designer Ramy Brook, makeup by Sue Devitt, jewelry from Nicholai by Nicky Hilton, denim from James Jeans and much more!
Our Fall Fashion Week giveaway package is valued over $1000 and includes:
- Sharon Dorram Single Process Color at Sally Hershberger Salon. Make your hair a total do with a fresh color update from celeb and uber-colorist Sharon Doram!
- 4 Pairs of James Jeans. Rock Fashion Week with the best colors of Couture Skinny and Twiggy styles.
- Ramy Brook Cathy Dress. Channel the designer’s signature sexy, sophisticated and understated style with this gorgeous lavender halter dress.
- Nicholai by Nicky Hilton Jewelry. Successorize your FFW look with Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Kyle Richards’ favorite line. Giveaway includes the edgy Whitney ring and stud earrings.
- Sue Devitt Makeup. No look is complete without alluring eyes, and celeb favorite Sue Devitt makeup will get you catwalk ready with the Destination Eye Palette, Defining Eyeliner, Eye Intensifier, Lip Enhancing Gloss and more.
- Stephanie Johnson Make-up Bag. Tote all of your beauty bounty in style with this roomy and chic Stephanie Johnson case.
- AG Hair Cosmetic’s Smooth products. Prevent frizz and fly aways with AG Hair Cosmetic’s new and complete kit including Smooth- sulfate-free argan shampoo, Sleek- argan conditioner, Set it Straight- argan straightening lotion, Firewall- argan flat iron spray, the Oil- smoothing oil and Hydr8- argan hand moisturizer.
* Entering this contest will automatically subscribe you to PageDaily emails offering tips, tricks and product picks of celebrities and experts.
Spice up your Valentine’s Day with lingerie picks and tips for different body types from Laura Mehlinger, designer of Lola Haze.
“Elegance and sophistication are key moods to enhance your slender form. Rich colors, drapey silk…think Grace Kelley,” says Mehlinger.
- LM: A long gown is a gorgeous way to play up your graceful shape. Check out the Maria Gown by Lola Haze in Gunmetal silk with black lace insets, $159.00. This bias cut silk charmeuse gem recalls glamour girls of the past, but with modern details like the chartreuse cross straps, it expresses your modern, bold side too.
- LM: One of the benefits of having a small bustline is being able to wear a chic soft bra. Try BRULEE’s silk Vamp Soft Bra in Fuchsia, $118.00. These unlined bralettes are perfect to wear during the day (even let peek through a blouse) or lounging at home.
- LM: The Drape Me in Silk Chemise, $149.00, by Lola Haze defines your waist with a black elastic belt and gold ring charm. The silk chiffon draped sexily over your bust and hips keeps certain parts modest while letting the true you show through.
- LM: Flatter, not flatten, your curves in a pin-up worthy, cut-and-sewn bodysuit with built-in shaping panels like Va Bien’s Classic Soft Cup Bodysuit #1291 in Black, $51.00.
- LM: The Embrace Teddy, $89.00, by Lola Haze is an entrancing little secret to wear under your clothes. Leave just a little peaking out of a low cut or sheer top, or wear solo to truly amaze.
- LM: A sexy, casual cami and panty set will make you feel celebrated and gorgeous. Throw out your threadbare cotton briefs and slip into the functional but fashionable Signature Cami and Cross Hipster, sold separately, $68.00 for set, by Lola Haze in Black or Petal Pink. Made with stretch mesh with metallic mesh detail.
- LM: The Gift Me Slip in Black, $129.00, by Lola Haze, is graceful asymmetrical silk sash over the bust brings attention upward where attention is due. Slip is stretch black lace to minimize, flatter your hips, and show a sexy little bit of you.
- LM: Even out a bottom heavy frame with a push-up bra to lift your assets. Try Affinitas Intimates‘ Jasmin Push Up Bra in Red, $32.00.
Added Bonus: Enter code “valentines” at checkout for 30% off at Lola Haze.
Dear friends of PageDaily,
I wanted to let you in on an exciting new secret I’ve been keeping: I’m now a curator for OpenSky! OpenSky has recruited 80 of the best tastemakers in food, style, health and design to create a shopping experience that’s all about YOU.
Check out my profile. Soon you will be able to shop my fashion picks at amazing prices. I’m so excited to share my personal style finds with my followers. What would you like to see in my OpenSky? I’d love your feedback. Happy shopping!