Style.Power.Rachel Roy.Amar’e Stoudemire.
Shiny jerseys and over-sized basketball shorts are the farthest thing from fashion for court-side divas. But we have good news: representing your favorite basketball team just got a lot more interesting if you are a fashion lover and fan. Fashion designer Rachel Roy and basketball player Amar’e Stoudemire have teamed up to create a pro look for sports-loving fashionistas. The line RACHEL features these athletic-inspired pieces from a mixed media leather & canvas Letterman jacket to a Chicago Bulls “Rocker” tee and more. The pleasantly simple jersey tees along with the heathered sweatshirts are embellished with team logos. With Amar’e’s head in the game and Rachel’s style, this dynamic duo perfectly bridges the look of chic masculine-feminine. These pieces are not only great for looking cool court-side but they are perfect to wear to dinner or a party. The limited edition line is comfortable and casual–I am loving the leather shorts and hooded vest. Prices range from $49.00 to $229.00 with various sizes from extra small to extra large. You can order online from the Rachel Roy on-line store or at Macy’s.
Watch this fun video where Rachel interviews Amar’e and talks about their interesting collaboration:
Photo Credit: Rachel Roy
PageDaily is celebrating fashion week with an amazing giveaway including tickets to Pamella Roland’s presentation!
All you need to do is Like us on Facebook for a chance to win!
The value is over $1250 of goodies that include the following:
- 2 tickets to Pamella Roland‘s Fashion Week Presentation
- $300 gift card from edit New York
- $200 Beauty & Essex gift card
- Ippolita Bangle
- Riller & Fount Wrap and Top
- Essie Fall Nail Collection
- tarte radiant &rested volume II kit
The winner will be announced on our Facebook page Friday, September 9th.
Know a fashion-obsessed friend? Share this with them!
It’s back-and better than ever. In it’s 3rd-year, Fashion’s Night Out, where thousands of retailers across the country stay open late for the ultimate shopping party of food, drinks-and of course to celebrate fashion. This all-out extravaganza will hit New York City on Thursday, September 8th, a prelude to New York Fashion Week (September 9th, 10th & 12th).
With debuts from J Brand and Chanel, to celebrity appearances from Heidi Klum, Rachel Zoe, Joss Stone, Ne-Yo, The Real Housewives of New York; and to top-it-off, Vera Wang in an ice cream truck, this is one star-studded event you won’t want to miss.
Here are the events you’ll want to check out in New York, LA, Miami, Dallas, and Chicago:
Topshop, 478 Broadway between Broadway and Broome
- Teamed up with Vogue Magazine, top models Chanel Iman, Coco Rocha, Karlie Kloss, Abbey Lee, and Charlotte Free will be giving out styling tips for the upcoming season; they will also select their favorite items from Topshop’s AW11 collection, debuting on FNO
- Customers who purchase one of the “favorite items” get the chance to be photographed with their favorite model; pictures will be posted on Tophop’s Facebook page
- Shoppers who spend over $100 will receive a notebook with a print from the AW11 collection on the cover; choose from one of four covers
Bergdorf Goodman, 754 5th Avenue at 58th Street
- Appearance by Michael Kors; Performance by Audrianna Cole
- Oscar de la Renta will be signing his limited edition “Face of Fashion” Fall kaleidoscope palette by Le Métier de Beauté
- Badgley Mischka, Joseph Altuzarra, Lela Rose, and Reem Acra will walk the runway with their furry friends in the Designer Dog Show
Diane von Furstenberg, 874 Washington Street at 14th Street
- Performance by Grammy Winner Estelle; performance features songs off her new album, All of Me
- Sample DVF’s new fragrance, Diane, before it hits stores in October. Enter to win an autographed bottle from Diane herself
Tory Burch, 797 Madison Avenue between 67th & 68th Streets
- Spend $250 or more and get styled by Vogue Editor Jessica Sailer and photographed by Fashion photographer Beau Grealy; chance to be featured on the Tory Blog
- Limited edition tote will be given to everyone who makes a $100 purchase
DKNY, 655 Madison Avenue between 60th & 61st Streets; 420 West Broadway between Prince & Spring Streets
- Shoppers who spend $250 or more will receive a limited edition tote with a DVD of documentary “Bill Cunningham New York”
- Complimentary popcorn and beer provided by Brooklyn Lager
- Complimentary Blind Barber haircuts
Michael Kors, 610 Fifth Avenue at Rockefeller Center
- Appearances by the Rockettes
- Champagne and live music by a guest DJ
- Chance to win denim totes signed by Michael himself
Sephora, 597 5th Avenue between 48th & 49th Streets
- Get all your beauty questions answered by a panel of experts: Vogue Beauty Director Sarah Brown, celebrity hairstylist Oscar Blandi, Founder and Creative Director of Urban Decay Cosmetics Wende Zomnir, and skincare guru Kate Somerville
Sephora Soho, 555 Broadway between Prince & Spring Streets
- Be one of the first 50 customers here and receive a free makeover and a “Stila-Girl” inspired sketch of yourself
Sephora Columbus Circle, 10 Columbus Circle between West 58th & 60th Streets
- Celebrity skin experts Sophie Evans and Fiona Locke of St. Tropez share all their beauty secrets
- Complimentary spray tanning
- Product giveaways- all customers will receive a free gift with a St. Tropez purchase; change to a prize valued at $200
Lord & Taylor, 424 5th Avenue between East 38th and 39th
- Wear This, Not That author Suze Yalof Schwartz answers all your style questions. Enter to win a $1,000 shopping spree
- Singer/Songwriter Solange Knowles will be DJing. Meet her and receive a photo
- Meet Ivanka Trump and receive a photo
Macy’s Herald Square, 151 West 34th Street at 6th Avenue
- Gucci Guilty Dance Party with Samantha Ronson
- Appearances by Tommy Hilfiger, Coco Rocha, America’s Next Top Model Judge J. Alexander, Bobbi Brown, Anna Dello Russo, Karolina Kurkova, and Rachel Roy
- Live musical performance by Joss Stone
Saks Fifth Avenue, 611 5th Avenue at 49th Street
- The Chronicles of Narnia, Tilda Swinton will be making an appearance with Pringle of Scotland designer Alistair Carr and Central Saint Martins’ Louise Wilson
- Hat signing and performance by Ne-Yo
- Win a $10,00 Fall Shopping Spree from StyleList, visit: stylelist.com/saks/
Victoria’s Secret, 591 Broadway between Houston and Prince Streets
- Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Erin Heatherton, and Lily Aldridge will be offering customer makeovers, photo opportunities and a fragrance preview
L’Occitane, 48 9th Avenue at 14th Street; 146 Spring Street between Wooster St & Broadway
- Complimentary chilled rosé
- Complimentary hand massages
- Riviera-inspired tote bag filled with the brands most essential beauty goodies
QVC, 428 Broadway between Howard & Canal Streets
- Meet QVC Designers as they discuss fashion, beauty and trends
- Try on the latest fashion and accessories in the Rowenta fashion closet
- Heidi Klum is unveiling her new jewelry line for QVC, WILDLIFE by Heidi Klum
Bloomingdale’s, Soho, 504 Broadway between Spring and Broome
- Appearance by Rachel Zoe; her recent clothing line The Rachel Zoe Collection is available for purchase
- Appearance by Erin Wasson and her capsule collection for Zadig & Voltaire
- A truth or lie game told to shoppers; hosted by Bono’s Wife, Ali Hewson
Helmut Lang, 93 Mercer Street at Spring Street
- Live performance by indie band Best Coast
- Food by Luke’s Lobster; Drinks by Death + Company
- An interactive digital photo booth will livestream images from store onto helmutlang.com
La Maison du Chocolat, 30 Rockefeller Plaza at 49th Street; 1018 Madison Avenue between 78th & 79th Streets
- La Maison du Chocolat will be hosting a chocolate ganache tasting
New York & Company, 715 Lexington Avenue between 57th St & 58th Streets
- Shop, eat and take pictures with the cast of The Real Housewives of New York City, Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, Kelly Killoren Bensimon and Ramona Singer
- Music by DJ Steve Powers
Patricia Field, 302 Bowery between E Houston & Bleecker Streets
- Meet designers V.O.N., Seville Michelle Anastos, Phillipe & David Blond, and Zana Bayne
- Receive special gift bags and be included a prize raffle
- Vodka cocktails will be served; party goes until 1am
Rebecca Taylor, 34 Gansevoort Street between Hudson & Greenwich Streets
- Jams provided by Brooklyn band AVAN LAVA along with DJ performances by Narcisse & Fischerspooner’s Ian Pai & Le Chev
- Enter the “Who Wore it Best” contest from 7pm-9pm to win 2 tickets to a Rebecca Taylor Fashion Show
- Blooming Cake Pops and Svedka vodka cocktails will be served
Scott J Aveda. Salonspa, 242 East 86th Street between 2nd & 3rd Avenue
- Free Hair Care Consultations, Makeup Touch Ups, and Hand Treatments
- Be one of the first 50 guest and receive an AVEDA Product Gift and a voucher for a complimentary hair treatment with your next service
Vera Wang, 158 Mercer Street between Prince & W Houston Streets
- Vera Wang and her team will peruse NYC in their customized Mister Softee truck; giving out free ice cream
- Shopping incentives and giveaways available
Worth & Worth, 45 West 57th Street between Fifth & Avenue of the Americas
- Great Gatsby themed Gala including build your own hat event, celebrity hat auction, cocktails, live music, photo booth, and more
Madison Avenue Spy Fashion Hunt, shops between 57th & 86th Streets
- The ultimate scavenger hunt-shoppers are invited to attend and tweet pictures from a list of events happening at retailers on Madison Avenue (between 57th-86th streets). Shoppers who complete three tasks will be directed to a secret Madison Avenue location where they will be awarded with prizes and champagne
- Chance to win from leading brands like Betsey Johnson, Juicy Couture, La Perla; for officials rules, visit madisonavenuespy.com
Manolo Blahnik, 31 West 54th New York NY 10019
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Manolo Blahnik USA invite you to celebrate Fashion’s Night Out on September 8th at their boutique where they will unveil a special shoe Sarah Jessica teamed up with Manolo in designing.
- In toasting this very special collaboration a van will be tooting around the city with Manolo’s favorite treat—milkshakes.
- Milkshakes and Manolos, what could be better! A portion of the proceeds will go to The Fund for Public Schools.
The Beverly Center, 8500 Beverly Boulevard
- This star-studded Luxury Fashion Show hosted by Nicole Richie will feature the trendiest fall looks. Expect to see an abundance of A-listers, press, and fashion editors
Alice + Olivia, 134 South Robertson Boulevard
- This carnival-inspired theme block party makes you feel like a kid again with sno-cones, cotton candy, games and raffles
ADBD Space (Paul Frank Pop-Up Shop), 8246 Beverly Blvd
- This retro-inspired disco themed party hosted by Paul Frank and Red Light PR is complete with a pop-up shop, henna tattoos, and a custom photobooth. Taryn Manning will be Djing the event. Don’t miss out on the fully stocked candy bar and drinks all night
City Style Collective, 695 North Miami Avenue
- 30 of Miami’s hottest acts from fashion and beauty will be participating in this pop-up shop event. This jammed-packed event will feature mini-make-overs, hair touch-ups, photo shoots, dancing, live entertainment, and music provided by DJ Rob Di Nero
Galleria Dallas, 13350 Dallas Parkway Suite 3080
- Participating retailers here are offering a ton of deals and freebies: Prosecco and Italian specialty cocktails at Gucci, photo sessions at Saks Fifth Avenue taken by an Estée Lauder photography artist; free wristlet with your purchase of $150 at Dooney & Bourke
Oak Street Shops, Oak Street between Michigan Avenue and State Street
- Drink and meet the designers of Henry & Belle Denim Company all while receiving a 20% discount; Ashley Zisook, owner of Sofia and her stylists will be offering champagne, discounts and giveaways. First 500 guests receive a FNO tote bag. All shoppers will receive one raffle ticket with every purchase at a participating store
Shopping for a cause: NYC AIDS Fund is the official charity of Fashion Night Out where 40% of proceeds from sales of the limited edition FNO t-shirts ($25), long-sleeved shirts ($30), caps ($15), and totes ($50) will be donated. The collection is available at various retailers and major department stores and online at fashionsnightout.com/collection
Barneys will be donating 10% of its FNO sales at the Barneys Madison Avenue store (and 10% of Barneys.com sales) to the National September 11th Memorial & Museum.
A glowing Beyonce was all smiles as she announced her pregnancy at the MTV Video Music Awards 2011 – wearing a gorgeous Lanvin creation. Get Beyonce’s award winning and effortlessly chic look easily with these pieces!
1. Dress: Dalia MacPhee (www.daliaonline.com) – $298
2. Ring: Skinny by Jessica Elliot (www.skinnystyle.com) – $70
3. Earrings: AMI Clubwear (www.amiclubwear.com) – $12
Shop the Full Story: Best Summer Fashion Lust-haves and Must-haves
Reese Witherspoon, star of Legally Blonde, Walk the Line and Water for Elephants, is always praised for her style and great fashion sense. Here’s how to recreate Reese’s look for under $200:
Stephanie Hirsch is someone to admire – she is an entrepreneur, author, designer, and now contemporary artist. Spiritual and a dedicated mother of two, she shares with us her inspiration behind her work and lifestyle favorites.
Melissa Meyers: You were a designer, author, and now an artist. Tell us how your past has influenced you.
Stephanie Hirsch: Whichever medium I have used to express myself my goal has always been to inspire people. Being a fashion designer (especially a swimwear designer), I designed with the intention for a woman to put on one of my creations and feel confident and strong, while wearing barely anything. I wrote my book “Mother Nurture” to inspire moms around the world to go on their own journey with their child, to help guide them to be the best person they could be. Now through my artwork, I inspire people with my interpretations of different sayings or mantras through beading and embroidery.
MM: Describe yourself as an artist.
SH: I try to stay connected to the light through different sayings and mantras. I interpret the emotions of these mantras through beading and embroidery. I always try to find the humor and enlightenment and to shed a positive light on our inner struggles.
MM: What inspired you to create this type of art?
SH: I was in a dark place in my life and had lost my creativity and zest for life. I always used mantras and sayings to keep me connected to a positive state, but at that time nothing would bring me back. I needed to literally and figuratively bring these mantras and sayings to life to help me get my sense of joy and passion back.
MM: Each piece has a special message. How many of each do you create?
SH: I have created 25 pieces so far.
MM: Describe the creative process and how each piece is made.
SH: First I sketch my idea in pencil, then I transfer my sketch onto a 5 x 7 canvas. I either sew or glue the beads/rhinestones onto the canvas to create a design and use colored pencil to mimic embroidery. Once the mini canvas is created I send the finished piece to India where each canvas is hand-done and takes approx. two-three months to complete.
MM: I know you have an impressive following. Who is the Stephanie Hirsch client or collector?
SH: A person who has an emotional, passionate response to the message I am conveying. It could be because they are going through or have gone through an experience and the message speaks to them. It is purely an emotional experience. Jennifer Miller is a client and very supportive fan, so much that she will rotate pieces of my work in her Southampton location all summer.
MM: Can we commission you to do a custom beaded canvas?
MM: What are the prices?
MM: Where can we check out your work?
SH: Clic Bookstore & Gallery, 23 Newtown Lane, East Hampton, NY, and the Alexandra Von Furstenberg store, 9001 Melrose Ave., West Hollywood, CA.
MM: What is your favorite item in your wardrobe?
SH: My Elise Overland black pencil skirt. It is tough but sexy. I can dress it up or down and I always look pulled together.
MM: Favorite store?
SH: Barney’s New York.
MM: You have traveled extensively to India and to many exotic islands. What were some of your favorite trips?
SH: Bali, India, Morocco, and the Negev Desert (Israel).
MM: Do you have tips on decorating your home with art?
SH: Whichever artwork you choose for your home should inspire and make you smile.
MM: Can you tell me one of your new must-have home décor item, style accessory, or hostess gift?
SH: A big box of candy from Sylvester & Co… no one is ever disappointed!
| “Religion is for people that don’t want to go to hell.
Spirituality is for those of us that have been there.”
There is no better saying that captures the emotion of Stephanie Hirsch’s artwork. Her work delves into the deeper or double meaning of words and sayings with both humor and enlightenment. “Initially, sayings can be static,” Stephanie says, “but once we apply our life experiences they can have infinite meanings.”
To convey her messages, she bridges the gap between fashion and art by utilizing beads and embroidery, which give her artwork a three-dimensional depth. The metallic sheen of the medium also serves to remind us that the mantras can shine a positive light on our inner struggles, both literally and figuratively.
Stephanie Hirsch is an entrepreneur, designer, author and artist.
She created the inca resort lifestyle brand in 1996. The boutique design house featured collections of luxury swim and resort wear. With Stephanie’s trendsetting designs, inca became a globally recognized brand. Entirely self-taught, Stephanie’s designs have been praised for her unparalleled attention to detail along with its flattering and superior fit, and it has also brought her wide acclaim and international recognition as a fashion designer.
Following the birth of her son Hunter, her journey as a mother led her to write the book Mother Nurture: Life Lessons from America’s Best and Brightest.
The book is a conclusion of her interviews with the mothers of 52 highly successful people around the world and was published in 2008 by Harper Collins.
Stephanie has also collaborated with the premier indoor cycling studios SoulCycle. In bringing her design expertise and shared vision to reinvigorate the soul, she created their fitness line of comfortable yet stylish cycling apparel.
She now turns her attention to art, using her unique vision and flair for style in creating beautifully embroidered and beaded canvases.
Check out more of Stephanie’s work at www.stephanie-hirsch.com