Memorial Day is coming up and the summer season is upon us. I’m starting mine off on May 26th when I host the Annual Summer Kick Off Gala for Miracle House at the Bridgehampton Tennis & Surf Club. It’s always a fun party with a great crowd and raises a lot of money for a terrific organization. It’s a feel good way to start the summer. You can kick off the season feeling good, and also looking good with these tips:
- With summer comes nice weather, but sometimes the weather gets a bit hot and sticky. I always keep Shiseido Blotting Papers in my bag because they are the best to help with oily skin which can become worse in hot weather.
- My good friend, celebrity hairstylist Ted Gibson has a great line of hair products and one that I love for the summer are his Ted Gibson Hair Sheets. They protect hair from UV Rays and they calm flyaways. It’s beauty on-the-go and it comes in simple foil packets that you can take to the beach or on vacation. They are also great as a refresher for a day-old blowout.
- And speaking of the beach, I have recently found a great line of swimwear, bikini’s and coverups. They are called Agua de Coco and they are sexy, stylish and reasonably priced. Plus they come in fun colors and prints.
- When you are walking around the city, on vacation or at the beach, check out City Slips. They are foldable ballet slippers that are so comfortable. They are great to take on vacation if you are doing a lot of walking or sightseeing. I take them to events for after standing for a long time in heels — it’s great to pull them out of your purse and start feeling comfortable.
- And lastly, let’s think hydration: I just love coconut water and it is a great way keep you cool and water-filled on a hot day in the city or at the beach. Zico Coconut Water comes in great flavors. I love the mango! It’s one of my favorites.
Remember that the Season 5 of Real Housewives of New York City premieres June 4th on Bravo. I will also be appearing for a special night at Mohegan Sun Casino in my home state of Connecticut on June 15th. You can always catch up with me by following me on twitter at @countessluann. Enjoy your summer!