Travel and beach beauty tips are needed whether you’re traveling to Bondi Beach, the Bay of Bengal, or Bali this summer. I’ll show you how to keep your skin glowing flawlessly, cheeks in the pink, and lips perfectly glossed. Shop the story.
Naked Chic—Beauty Tips for the French Riviera
Refuse to go bare this summer! I can’t imagine traveling without my Seaweed Foundation, Luminous Finishing Mist, or Beausoleil Triple Touch Light Reflecting Bronzer. However, if you haven’t tried one yet, also consider a tinted moisturizer with SPF protection. Perfect while sitting poolside at Eden Roc, SpaComplexion Hydrating Marine Minerals Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 is lightweight yet effective and provides skin with a healthy, radiant glow—the essence of beach beauty. Blend well and then dust with SPF 30 Loose Powder before heading on over to Beach Plage in Cap d’Antibes for salmon tartare—a perfect summer lunch packed with anti-oxidants. Stay at Hotel Le Yaca in St. Tropez, true boutique chic and people watch along the Croisette in Cannes. Time it right next season: May is the Cannes Film Festival. I’ll see you on the red carpet or at Nikki Beach.
Sue’s Secret Beauty Tip: Don’t forget your Hollywood lipstick! Its sheer rose tone is an excellent choice to transition from an easy beach daytime look into Rivera glam. ________________________
Celeb Best Beauty Tip!—Bermuda Triangle
Recover from all the fun in the sun and greet the day like you’ve had a full 8 hours of beauty sleep. Before you start your day with a power walk along pristine pink sands, apply a peach tone concealer to the undereye area, which will counteract the green and blue tones of dark circles.
Try Bermuda Triangle Undereye Corrector with Orchid Extract, which features special ingredient Nylon 12. It makes dark circles mysteriously disappear! It’s my expert beauty secret and the must-have product you’ll find in every makeup artist’s kit kit from Hollywood to Helsinki. Celebs love it as it takes 10 years off, and you know what they say about the camera—take 10 off wherever you can!
Bring along Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 and give your locks a coat of Phyto After Sun Repair Mask before you leave for the beach, then wash it out at the end of the day. It’s terrific protection for your hair and smells divine. ________________________
South Pacific Vacation Beauty
If remote is more your speed, explore the scattered islands of the South Pacific by canoe, dive the uncharted reefs, and experience the mysterious underwater world of beauty in the Solomon Islands. It’s a glorious place to relax and unwind. The best part? It’s summer there while it’s winter here, so book this trip for January or February.
Vacation Beauty Tips from the South Pacific:
- While you’re there, stock up on island-inspired ingredients such as Tamanu essence, a skin-nourishing beauty staple I found from the ladies in the Solomons.
- Create a healthy, natural radiance by dusting pink and bronze tones on eyelids and cheeks with lovely shades of coral, shell, and sea bronze.
- Throw Microquatic Blue Anti-Aging SPF 30 Protection Primer in your locally woven beach bag. Apply generously all day long—the anti-aging properties in this formulation trigger collagen reproduction. This means an extra 30 minutes of light sun is okay. ________________________
Indian Ocean—The Ultimate Escape for Your Skin
Time to relax and unwind from all of this glamorous globetrotting. Today, we are traveling through the exotic Indian Ocean islands of Mauritius, Zanzibar, and the Seychelles, as well as the East African country of Mozambique. Being in this faraway part of the world, you’ll enjoy the scent of exotic plants and tropical flowers and pick orchids for your room from the water’s edge.
Indian Ocean Secrets for Beautiful Skin:
The return of your natural, healthy glow can be achieved in a few easy steps.
- First, try a Microquatic Lactic Renewal Facial Peel to dissolve those lifeless skin cells so your Microquatic Oxygen Infusion Facial Masque can permeate skin cells with blue algae, sea minerals, proteins, and calming chamomile extract for a truly restorative skin care experience.
- Don’t forget a Pro-Juvenating facial moisturizer and eye cream. The Microquatic Pro-Juvenation Reparative Eye and Facial Creams not only repair cellular tissue but deeply hydrate.
- Spend the rest of the morning swimming in the lagoon followed by afternoons of yoga or meditation and treat yourself to an oceanside massage. ________________________
Glamour on the Great Barrier Reef
Last stop on our summer sea beauty sojourn is Australia’s gorgeous Great Barrier Reef. One of my favorite spots there is Lizard Island (guess how it got its name!). It’s the most inhabited island on the Reef and home to an important marine biology institute, where I learned more about the environmental impact on the Reef and how we can preserve it.
Travel Tips for Reef Beauty:
- Take deep blues or ocean green hues and apply all over the eyelid with an Eyebase Brush to create the ultimate smoky eye.
- Blend upward toward the brow bone with a Lash Line Definer Brush in smooth strokes.
- Then take an Eye Intensifier Pencil and work it into the lash line to really pop the eye or a liquid lash-defining pencil along the rim to make a bold island statement.
When you’re stepping out at night, bring along your Anya Hindmarch aqualine tote, multi blue-hued tunic by Missoni, white shorts by Vince, and a sexy strappy sandal by Tory Burch or J.Crew.