Romantic Gift Ideas from Renowned Matchmaker Samantha Daniels PLUS Her Tips on Dating and How to Meet “The One” [Video]
A romantic day calls for romantic gifts, and as a professional matchmaker and love guru I have some of the best insider gift picks for a day of amour.
Enid Collins Love Wooden Box Bag, BUY NOW, $425
If your Valentine likes one of a kind items that make other people say “where did you get that?,” a vintage bag is a great idea. Each one is special because you might not be able to find another. Make sure you know your lover’s style- for the ladies try something like the Enid Collins Love bag.
Heather Benjamin LA Ocean Jasper Mix Ring, BUY NOW, $405
Rings are tricky on Valentine’s Day, especially if she is expecting THE ring. If she is, and you aren’t ready, stay CLEAR of rings and all jewelry, but if she isn’t and loves a real conversation starter piece, go with a cocktail ring from Heather Benjamin LA. The designer’s mix of shells, stones and sand dollars is spectacular and your Valentine will be swept off her feet with this Ocean Jasper Mix ring.
Serene House Mist Whistler, BUY NOW, $299.95
Diffusers are so yesterday and if you want to buy something that not only smells delicious but looks great, try the Mist Whistler Scentilizer. By diffusing fragrant water vapors, it reduces the dryness of indoor air and even has a built in music player- talk about love at first smell!
Anywhere Fireplace Oasis, BUY NOW, $109.99
If you are dating someone who has everything, it’s great to pick something unique. An indoor fireplace is a wonderful way to warm a room and the mood, and Anywhere Fireplace has plenty of chic styles to choose from.
Art Style Innovation Graphic Bookends, BUY NOW, $110
If your sweetie is a literature lover, pick up these special bookends from Art Style Innovation. These handmade acrylic bookends are playful and fun and come in nine different designs and ten different shades to choose from.
A special note on cards– When picking them out, be sure to choose cards that “match” the status of your relationship. This means if you’ve only been together a few weeks, don’t go all lovey-dovey, opt for something humorous instead. If you are in something more serious or have been together for a considerable amount of time, its great to grab more than one card, one of which should be sentimental. And don’t forget to write a message from the heart, Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to let someone know you care, so don’t be shy, go ahead and share!
For the best dating tips and how to meet “the one,” check out our exclusive video interview with Samantha Daniels.
|Samantha Daniels is a professional matchmaker, television, personality, author, entrepreneur and founder of Samantha’s Table, a matchmaking service. A former matrimonial attorney, in 1999 Daniels left the world of divorce behind and founded her matchmaking service in New York City, quickly expanding to elite clientele on the west coast.In 2004 Daniels life became the basis for NBC’s hit show Miss Match starring Alicia Silverstone. Daniels a writer for The Huffington Post and in 2005 authored Matchbook: the Diary of a Modern-Day Matchmaker.|
Valentine’s Day is upon us next week, and a romantic date night hairstyle is a must. Opt for sultry curls like Katherine McPhee, or another of these glamorous styles. He’ll definitely be sweet on you.
Miley Cyrus’ glossy locks and side part give her a red carpet look that was both ethereal and ladylike.
Emma Stone’s updo is elegant without being severe. Some face-framing wispy pieces enhance the actress’ peaches and cream complexion.
Brooke Anderson shows off the latest braid trend, while still keeping her hair loose and wavy.
We heart the idea of seducing your loved one this Valentine’s Day with the sensuous pairing of warm tea served with sweet tea-infused chocolate truffles, made with Tracy Stern Salontea, The Lover, a Chocolate Chai tea. This tea blend is a natural aphrodisiac, not to mention that the art of pouring tea is incredibly sensual! Tea has been a drink of seduction throughout history: many love affairs began over meeting for tea and ended as the greatest love stories of all time. We’re pretty confident that you will love this delicious V-Day treat!
- 2/3 heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter (cut into pieces and softened)
- 2 tablespoons of The Lover tea-chocolate Chai tea leaves
- 6 oz finest bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Combine the cream and butter in a small saucepan and bring to boil. Stir in the tealeaves. Remove from heat and let steep for 3-5 minutes.
Put chocolate in a bowl and strain the cream mixture through a sieve over the chocolate: discard the tealeaves. Whisk the chocolate and cream mixture together until smooth, chill for approximately 2 hours until mixture is firm.
Dust your hands with a bit of cocoa (or cinnamon) then use your hands to roll the chilled chocolate mixture into balls (Tracy likes to use a melon scooper).
Use 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons of chocolate mixture for each truffle. Drop the truffles into the cocoa, turn them until they’re lightly coated, and then place them in an airtight container. Store them in layers separated by wax paper.
Serve in edible rose petals…enjoy!
Spice up your Valentine’s Day with lingerie picks and tips for different body types from Laura Mehlinger, designer of Lola Haze.
“Elegance and sophistication are key moods to enhance your slender form. Rich colors, drapey silk…think Grace Kelley,” says Mehlinger.
- LM: A long gown is a gorgeous way to play up your graceful shape. Check out the Maria Gown by Lola Haze in Gunmetal silk with black lace insets, $159.00. This bias cut silk charmeuse gem recalls glamour girls of the past, but with modern details like the chartreuse cross straps, it expresses your modern, bold side too.
- LM: One of the benefits of having a small bustline is being able to wear a chic soft bra. Try BRULEE’s silk Vamp Soft Bra in Fuchsia, $118.00. These unlined bralettes are perfect to wear during the day (even let peek through a blouse) or lounging at home.
- LM: The Drape Me in Silk Chemise, $149.00, by Lola Haze defines your waist with a black elastic belt and gold ring charm. The silk chiffon draped sexily over your bust and hips keeps certain parts modest while letting the true you show through.
- LM: Flatter, not flatten, your curves in a pin-up worthy, cut-and-sewn bodysuit with built-in shaping panels like Va Bien’s Classic Soft Cup Bodysuit #1291 in Black, $51.00.
- LM: The Embrace Teddy, $89.00, by Lola Haze is an entrancing little secret to wear under your clothes. Leave just a little peaking out of a low cut or sheer top, or wear solo to truly amaze.
- LM: A sexy, casual cami and panty set will make you feel celebrated and gorgeous. Throw out your threadbare cotton briefs and slip into the functional but fashionable Signature Cami and Cross Hipster, sold separately, $68.00 for set, by Lola Haze in Black or Petal Pink. Made with stretch mesh with metallic mesh detail.
- LM: The Gift Me Slip in Black, $129.00, by Lola Haze, is graceful asymmetrical silk sash over the bust brings attention upward where attention is due. Slip is stretch black lace to minimize, flatter your hips, and show a sexy little bit of you.
- LM: Even out a bottom heavy frame with a push-up bra to lift your assets. Try Affinitas Intimates‘ Jasmin Push Up Bra in Red, $32.00.
Added Bonus: Enter code “valentines” at checkout for 30% off at Lola Haze.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a fabulous gift for that special someone! Be creative this year…there’s no need to rely on old standbys. These hand-picked gifts for him and her are sure to delight any of the loves in your life.
T. Anthony Kent Slim Messenger, BUY NOW, $450
The T. Anthony Kent Slim Messenger bag is a perfect gift for the guy on the move. The super slim and stylish messenger is lightweight and made from scratch resistant pebble grain leather that will keep during the most rugged of wear. I bought one for my husband recently and he loves it for every day and for travel. You can also have the bag gold stamped with your man’s initials–love a personalized gift! T. Anthony bags have been featured in O Magazine, Allure and Bazaar.
Michael Kors Men’s Chronograph Stainless Steel Watch, BUY NOW, $225
A signature timepiece is an important part of every man’s wardrobe. This sleek design by Michael Kors is impeccably chic, and offers a lot of look for the price. Oversized chronograph styles are my favorite…this one looks hip and cool without trying too hard.
Johnnie Walker Engraved Blue Label Whisky, BUY NOW, $225
Personalization makes a gift extra special. The whisky aficionado will relish in owning an engraved bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label! The 200 year old brewer is known for their consistency and flavor quality, perfect for the man who has everything.
Molton Brown Echo Bath and Body Gift Set, BUY NOW, $109
If your Valentine could use a little rest and relaxation (can’t we all?), indulge them with the Molton Brown Echo yuan zhi Gift Set, complete with bath and shower gel, body cream, and medio candela. Molton Brown has been a leader in the best quality body, skin, hair and home products since the 70’s. All of their materials are sourced from natural and sustainable ingredients and the blend of yuan zhi root, ylang ylang and vanilla makes a great scent for both sexes. Fans include Leighton Meester and Kristen Chenoweth.
Brookstone Bluetooth Keyboard for Ipad 2 Tablet, BUY NOW, $99
Every iPad2 tablet owner will be delighted with the Brookstone Bluetooth Keyboard. The sleek portfolio case is made out of a rubberized material with a built in wireless keyboard that lets you type with ease at laptop speed and has full access to the device’s camera and port capabilities. It’s available in fun shades like pink, orange and green as well as basic colors so it makes a great gift for anyone with an iPad2. This is the nicest one I have seen–it’s not bulky and the keyboard is super comfortable and easy to use.
Jacks & Jokers “King’s Head” Graphic Tee, BUY NOW, $60
These ultra hip t-shirts are incredibly soft and detailed with authentic graphics and logos from decks of playing cards. A totally fresh take on a tee, the fun designs are great for the King of your Heart. It’s a perfect present for the downtown guy, and the uptown one who needs to revamp his preppy collared shirt look. Jacks and Jokers tees have been spotted on celebs Adrian Grenier and Kevin Dillon, New York Yankee Nick Swisher and were featured in Hamptons Magazine.
Project Runway’s Mondo Guerra Designs a Valentine’s Day
T-Shirt—2 Could Be Yours If You Enter to Win!
Feel good by looking good this Valentine’s Day! Rock these limited-edition tees designed by Project Runway contestant Mondo Guerra. A portion of proceeds from Mondo’s tees go to the Foundation for AIDS Research (amfAR), and they sell out quickly. You could win 2! Just tell us about your dream Valentine’s Day date and you could win these hot V-Day tees for you and the boy of your choice.
Enter to Win:
1. Subscribe to PageDaily.com
2. In the comments section below, tell us about your dream Valentine’s Day date—from a candlelit dinner at home to skydiving, let your imagination run free!
Mondo for Piperlime Tees
- 1 woman’s tee (white), 1 man’s tee (black)
- Designed by Mondo Guerra of Project Runway, exclusively for Piperlime
- Mondo Guerra first announced he was HIV positive during an episode of season 8 and has been a vocal advocate for AIDS research
- If purchased through Piperlime, $20 of each Mondo for Piperlime tee will go to support amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research
- Celebrity fans include Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore, and Kristin Cavallari
- Tees runs true to size
- Made in the USA
- Value: $100
- Contest ends February 9, 2011
The 30-Second Barista
Hanky Panky Lingerie
My favorite lingerie is made by Hanky Panky. They created these Sweet Nothings Gift Sets, perfect for your sweetheart.
Purchase Leopard and Zebra Heart Boxes
Purchase Love Letter Set