Tanya’s Top 10 List for a Healthier YOU
- Jump-start your metabolism—eat breakfast! Burn more calories all day!
- Keep a water bottle nearby! Dehydration lowers metabolism and makes you hungry.
- Crunch your lunch—add chopped carrots, celery, radishes, and other veggies to your salad for a fiber boost.
- Move in the morning. A.M. exercise revs up your metabolism for the rest of the day.
- Choose GOOD fats—avocado, olive oil, and nuts have heart-healthy fats.
- Lay off simple carbs—cut back on pasta, white bread, potatoes, and sugar. They metabolize quickly, leaving you hungry sooner.
- Eat more fish—low in calories and high in Omega-3 oils that lower cholesterol and lift your mood.
- Get enough ZZZs. Fatigue lowers metabolism and weakens will power.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables—high in nutrients, fiber, and water but low in calories.
- Make sure every meal is a combination of fiber and protein. Fiber and protein are the 2 nutrients that take the longest to digest, so you will feel full, satisfied, and energized throughout the day.
Healthy Eating Words to Live By: Fiber and protein at every meal make losing weight no big deal!