For Valentine’s Day, step outside of your makeup routine and give yourself a makeover for love. Try my makeup tips and tricks and get 3 new looks for this special occasion. The twinkle in your eye, the pucker on your lips, the glow in your cheeks? Romance put them there, now enhance them with 3 simple makeup looks to make you feel special on Valentine’s Day: red lips, smokey eyes, and rosy cheeks!
Put on the Pucker for Valentine’s Day with Sexy Red Lipstick
Whatever your Valentine’s Day plans, spice them up with sexy red lips! Red lipstick is a universal classic that is never out of style and can work with every skin tone—the key to wearing red lipstick is confidence.
How to Find the Best Red Lipstick for Valentine’s Day
Choosing the right shade of red lipstick is easy when you know your undertones.
• Fair skin tones work well in reds with a blue undertone.
Buy Sue Devitt Balanced Sheer Lipstick in Hollywood, $20, at suedevittbeauty.com
• Medium-hued skin tones fare better with brown-based reds.
Buy Sue Devitt Balanced Matt Lipstick in Great Australian Bight, $20, at suedevittbeauty.com
• Darker skin tones should choose a deep plum tone.
Buy Sue Devitt Balanced Sheer Lipstick in Northern Lights, $20, at suedevittbeauty.com
• A great alternative to red is a dark berry shade. This color will add warmth with a little brightness to any skin tone.
Buy Sue Devitt Balanced Matte Lipstick in Moscow, $24, at amazon.com
• If you’re still unsure about red, practice with a stain instead of a lipstick. Blot with a tissue or apply with your fingertips.
Buy Sue Devitt Mini Lip Gloss in Muscat, $18, at suedevittbeauty.com
For Valentine’s Day, Try a Sultry Stare with Smokey Eye Makeup
Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to add a little drama to your look by intensifying your eyes. There is a reason why everyone keeps talking about “smokey eyes”: smokey eyes are sexy!
Easy Smokey Eye Makeup Tips for Valentine’s Day
• Begin a smokey eye with a charcoal eyeshadow. Use an eye base brush and apply the shadow starting at the lash line, continuing upward toward the eye socket.
Buy Sue Devitt Silky Matte Eye Shadow in Black Hill Range, $18, at suedevittbeauty.com
• For depth and contour, apply a darker hue across the lash line and blend the color upward into the crease.
Buy Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier Pencil in Chiang Mai, $22, at suedevittbeauty.com
• Next, apply a light, sheer color just under the brow to highlight.
Buy Sue Devitt Silky Sheen Eye Shadow in Dreamtime Legend, $18, at suedevittbeauty.com
• Line your lower lashes and blend out any harsh lines with a professional brush or sponge-tip applicator.
Buy Sue Devitt Lash Line Definer Brush, $28, at suedevittbeauty.com
• Last, don’t forget lashes. It’s all about lashes with this look. First, curl them, then apply 2–3 coats of a lengthening mascara in a rich black for added glamour.
Buy Sue Devitt Lash Intensifier Treatment & Lengthening Mascara, $49, at suedevittbeauty.com
A Rosy Glow for a Romantic Valentine’s Day Kiss on the Cheek
For cheeks, think light and rosy but not too dramatic when choosing a blush for Valentine’s Day. More sculpted looks are great for winter months because a little contour goes a long way. An almost-bronze, neutral pink-beige, or muted apricot cheek color imparts a light, fresh look. No severe leaps necessary with color here—think natural highlighting tones.
How to Get the Perfect Rosy Cheeks
• Start with a slightly deeper shade of blush just under the cheekbones as a contour.
• Follow with a lighter color in the same family on the apples and the upper portions of the cheeks. Blend well.
Buy Sue Devitt Hydrating Marine Minerals Destination Eye & Cheek Palette in Solomon Islands, $37.50, at suedevittbeauty.com
• For more intense color, use a gel-based blush and blend with your fingertips.
Buy Sue Devitt Microquatic Gel-to-Powder Blush, $20, at suedevittbeauty.com
• 10 Valentine’s Day Gifts You Haven’t Thought of
• Find Out What This Celebrity Stylist Wants for Valentine’s Day
• Get Personal with Personalized Gifts for Valentine’s Day
Sue Devitt, Beauty Contributing Editor
Australian born, international celebrity makeup artist Sue Devitt created the brand that would forever change the landscape of the Beauty Industry. Years of product development experience throughout the United States, Australia, and Japan inspired Ms. Devitt to develop a line of nutrient-rich cosmetics for the global marketplace focusing on a treatment-infused color palette for women worldwide . . . Read more of her product picks and beauty secrets