If you’re traveling this weekend and struggling with what to pack, here are some tips from Lindsay Brooke Weiss:
If you’re anything like me, you start to mentally make packing lists a couple of weeks ahead of your travels, followed by written lists entailing more concrete outfits. If you’re nothing like me, take my advice on how to pack in an organized and timely manner. You’ll never be stressed out from packing again!
* Start to visualize what types of outfits to pack, depending upon the weather where you’ll staying.
* Keep a list in your planner (I still use my Smythson diary to keep me organized) or Blackberry of thoughts on what to pack. This list will be with you at all times, in the event something jars your memory (camera charger?) or you think of a dress in your closet that’s perfect for the dinner you’ll be attending. Write it down.
* A couple of days before your travels, make definitive outfits out of the articles of clothing on the list, marking which outfits are for night and which are for day.
* Don’t forget to include your accessories that will accompany each look (jewelry, heels, bags, etc.). **Note, because heels take up a lot of room in your bag, try to base your outfits around them so you only have to take one or two pair.
* Keep a separate list of what to bring in your carry-on. For me this will include a book (Kitchen House), Jolly Ranchers, Blackberry chargers, camera, socks and a sweatshirt for the plane.
* The night before departing, leave a Post-It on your door of items you can’t leave without. This should include your purse, carry-on and suitcase.
* Go through your lists the day of traveling to guarantee you’ve packed everything on them.
Lindsay Brooke Weiss (Cohen) is a fashion and accessories editor and on-air style expert. She was previously Haute Living’s editorial director, Niche Media’s fashion and accessories editor and fashion editor for L-Atitude.com. Lindsay has been a frequent contributor at styledon.com and is a regular guest stylist on NBC’s “Gossip Gram.” For more articles from Lindsay, check out her site!
Image Credit: lambdasigmapsiu.com