An outfit is never complete without accessories, no matter how bold or minimal they may be. We feel naked leaving home without them, especially our jewelry. Here are some of our fave must-have faux pieces for summer to update your look now!
Karen London Alexandria Ring, $50
This cool ring comes in four different metals and is the perfect everyday go-to ring. We love the matte finish and simple details…a great ring to wear on your pointer because it mixes well with other rings on the same hand. Celebs like Miley Cryus and Demi Lovato have been seen sporting it all over town.
Melanie Auld Holly Studs, $98
A great pair of studs is always a must-have and these will go with everything in your summer wardrobe. While the mother of pearl shell is a classic, the gold spikes make these look edgy. So challenge your good-girl vibe and try pairing them with a feminine floral top.
Mindy Gold Druzy on Brown Sienna Bracelet, $120
Get boho chic this summer by wearing this fab statement bracelet with a cute maxi dress. We love the jasper and quartz stone and how it is beautifully set within a chic wrapped leather cuff. It also has a two snap closure for an adjustable fit.
BIKO Sekani Necklace, $198
The tribal trend is very hot this summer but if an all over print is too daring for you, try this statement necklace. The polished rocks come in several colors and the intertwined basket weave texture is earthy with an industrial touch. Pair this one with your favorite LWD.
Sheila Fajl Beaded Thread Knot Bracelet, $28
We love how this bracelet mixes in funky-colored glass beads with a touch of sparkle. They look great layered together or you can mix and match with your own to create a stack of bangles. Added bonus: the price is right!
Chibi Jewels Vermeil Arrow Necklace, $100
Wear this stylish necklace by itself or layer with other necklaces. Its sleek design is perfect for everyday and it looks great with jeans and a t-shirt. We love that it’s handmade in NYC…it also comes in gold and silver, and in two different lengths!
With temperatures soon to be rising, we’ve got that spring fever and are celebrating with a very special PageDaily giveaway! Enter here for your chance to win a plethora of goodies sure to warm those winter bones and get you spring ready in no time. Our giveaway is stocked with fabulous picks like Ouidad hair care, ROXoxox jewelry, a FitBit Wireless Personal Trainer, StriVectin skincare and much more!
Our Spring Fever giveaway package is valued over $1000 and includes:
- ROXoxox Island Rox bracelet/necklace and Dune Rox Ring. Rock some serious arm and finger candy with this braided leather and chain detailed bracelet (also doubles as a necklace) and their 14K GF and Citrine statement ring.
- Kristin McGee Fitness DVD’s. Get ready to shed the layers with workout guru Kristin McGee’s workout DVD’s including, MTV Power Yoga, Kristin McGee’s Power Yoga, YogaTone, Bendigirl and Body by Bethenny.
- Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave-In Conditioner and Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel. The Prickly Pear Cactus Extract, Green Tea and Vitamin B5 infused conditioner promotes long-lasting hydration and helps seal the cuticle layer of hair, preventing frizz and encouraging a healthier scalp. An Allure magazine, Glam.com and Daily Glow favorite, the heat activated gel is made of wheat protein that breathes in humidity- protecting the hair shaft for a perfectly styled do.
- 2 Exude Lip Glosses. Exude’s custom smooth and non sticky formula not only hydrates your lips with an anti-aging complex and gives you show stopping color but it’s also celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe’s favorite!
- Electric Yoga Bolt Bag. The neon lightning bolt bag is lightweight, beyond functional and waterproof lined- perfect for errands, spring time workouts and beach visits!
- StriVectin-SD Volumizing Hand Treatment and StriVectin-SH Dermal Infusion Mask . Give Father Time a run for his money with this revolutionary cream that combats five signs of aging hands. Rejuvenate with the intensive restorative mask that nourishes and firms skin, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Stephanie Johnson ML Traveler. Tote your beauty bounty in style with this roomy and chic make-up case.
- FitBit Wireless Personal Trainer. The Wireless Personal Trainer is like having your own personal trainer but better. Monitor workouts, sleep and food intake with wireless updates and app syncing to help you reach your fitness goals.
- Essie Nail Varnish. Rock the season’s hottest shades on your hands with four different varnishes.
- Spa Water Guide Book and Water Bottle. Create healthy, delicious and inexpensive vitamin-infused water with this collection of twenty two refreshing recipes from award-winning spas around the world and take it on the go with an eco friendly water bottle.
- Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Shimmer Dust. Add a little sparkle to your look with this paraben free microcrystalline shimmer designed to pouf the perfect sparkle onto your face, body and hair.
- Illamasqua Precision Ink. Create a perfectly defined eye with their fine tip liner that is long lasting and waterproof.
- Clearasil PerfectaWash. This innovative Automatic Face Wash Dispenser delivers the perfect dose of dermatologist tested cleanser for visibly clearer skin in twelve hours without over drying.
- Make Up Forever Make-Up. Nab color palettes from the industry’s go-to brand which was created in 1984 in the discreet Parisian workshop-boutiqe of renowned make-up artist Danny Sanz.
- Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Body Lotion. Instantly smooth and nourish wintery dehydrated skin for a soft, smooth and moisturized and spring ready skin!
- Limited Edition POP Phone Handset in Gold. Chat in style with this metallic handset that eliminates over 99% of absorbed radiation from cell phones.
We are living in a world of information overload these days so how do you know which websites and newsletters are worth your time? After scouring the e-world, I put together a list of my favorite online destinations that are perfect for fashion and lifestyle junkies.
Edition01 is the first online luxury experience designed to spotlight and sell limited edition fashion pieces from leading designers in one of a kind capsule collections. Collaborating with Vera Wang, Zac Posen, Narciso Rodriguez and Thakoon (to name a few), founders Estefania Lacayo and Jessica Wilpon Kamel offer you a unique shopping and lifestyle experience which has already been touted by Vogue, WWD and Marie Claire to name a few. Their minimalistic and inviting web site is blog style making it very easy to shop their collections which are grouped by designers and lifestyle categories (“Travel Boutique”). You can also have a personalized shopping experience by using their “My Edition” feature to track what you want, need and bought and get recommendations for building your perfect wardrobe. I love that Edition01 goes beyond just shopping and gives you behind the scenes fashion intel in their Journal, stocked with insider interviews, celebrity essentials and designer inspirations.
Rachel Roy is a dynamic fashion designer whose pieces have been seen on every leading lady from Michelle Obama, Diane Sawyer, Jennifer Garner, Penelope Cruz and Kate Hudson. I met Rachel at a recent event and was blown away by her support of entrepreneurial women and charity. The gorgeous native Californian, whose personal beauty shines through every one of her designs has worked in the fashion industry since her teenage years as a sales girl– which she calls her early market research! Before designing her own line, she styled magazine shoots, music videos and was creative director for Rocawear. Since the launch of her Rachel Roy line in Spring 2005, Rachel has had a whirlwind of success including being inducted into the CFDA, appearing on Oprah, and launching RACHEL Rachel Roy, a diffusion line sold exclusively at Macy’s. Rachel shared with me what she has been up to lately and offered some of her best tips and products picks!
MM: You have a very interesting background. How has that influenced you as a designer?
RR: I’ve always loved fashion and taking risks in both what I wear and what I design as this has been a guiding principle for me. I’ve never let fear paralyze me but rather let my passion drive me. One of my goals is to help other women realize this as well.
MM: We are so excited about your new collection, what was your inspiration for FW 2012?
RR: My fall 2012 collection is inspired by the documentary Women in the Dirt which highlights the works of seven award- winning women who have made their mark in the field of landscape architecture and are changing our world. From this, the idea of modern landscape architecture and the influence of nature was really interesting to me– balancing the clean lines of landscapes and natural colors and interesting material combinations and details.
MM: What are 3 items you always have on hand during fashion week?
RR: Yoga mat- I practice yoga two to three times a week. The meditation helps me stay centered. Music- it’s one of the quickest routes to dream and always inspires me. Candles- the comforting and continuous glow of a Jo Malone candle while I work is a must.
MM: How do you unwind after such a whirlwind week?
RR: Take a breath, thank my staff and then off for some R & R. First I sleep and then I have a proper meal since I have been living off coffee and sugar for the past two weeks preparing for the show. I’ll spend some quality time with my daughters, visit the Caudalie Vinotherapie Spa at the Plaza Hotel for one of my favorite facial treatments, and lounge at home and watch re-runs of The Office or Modern Family. Then it’s right back into designing the next collection!
Celebrate Fall Fashion Week with a fabulous PageDaily giveaway! Enter here for your chance to win our chic bounty of hand picked items to get you runway ready from head to toe. Our giveaway is filled with stylish goodies from hot designer Ramy Brook, makeup by Sue Devitt, jewelry from Nicholai by Nicky Hilton, denim from James Jeans and much more!
Our Fall Fashion Week giveaway package is valued over $1000 and includes:
- Sharon Dorram Single Process Color at Sally Hershberger Salon. Make your hair a total do with a fresh color update from celeb and uber-colorist Sharon Doram!
- 4 Pairs of James Jeans. Rock Fashion Week with the best colors of Couture Skinny and Twiggy styles.
- Ramy Brook Cathy Dress. Channel the designer’s signature sexy, sophisticated and understated style with this gorgeous lavender halter dress.
- Nicholai by Nicky Hilton Jewelry. Successorize your FFW look with Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Kyle Richards’ favorite line. Giveaway includes the edgy Whitney ring and stud earrings.
- Sue Devitt Makeup. No look is complete without alluring eyes, and celeb favorite Sue Devitt makeup will get you catwalk ready with the Destination Eye Palette, Defining Eyeliner, Eye Intensifier, Lip Enhancing Gloss and more.
- Stephanie Johnson Make-up Bag. Tote all of your beauty bounty in style with this roomy and chic Stephanie Johnson case.
- AG Hair Cosmetic’s Smooth products. Prevent frizz and fly aways with AG Hair Cosmetic’s new and complete kit including Smooth- sulfate-free argan shampoo, Sleek- argan conditioner, Set it Straight- argan straightening lotion, Firewall- argan flat iron spray, the Oil- smoothing oil and Hydr8- argan hand moisturizer.
* Entering this contest will automatically subscribe you to PageDaily emails offering tips, tricks and product picks of celebrities and experts.
Shop the Full Story: Look Fab for The Fourth of July
Shop the Full Story: Chic Jewelry for the Summer: Melissa’s Favorites
Shop the Full Story: Chic Jewelry for the Summer: Melissa’s Favorites
Shop the Full Story: Chic Jewelry for the Summer: Melissa’s Favorites
These fives staples rocked the summer season and will continue to be huge into the fall. Here are our top tips for helping you transition these style splurges into the colder months!
Red – Red is going to be a huge color come autumn. Find a variety of reds in different shades and textures so you have the option to be bold, soft or glamorous. A great signature red item to invest in for the fall would be a pair of red shoes like the Lucia Suede Platform Wedge ($198) from Ann Taylor. The suede will be a fab fabric for colder weather and these shoes would pair well with a wrap dress.
Blue/Teal – Blues and teals are perfect for transitioning into September. Buy accessories in these cool tones to add the perfect finishing touch to your overall look. A set of bracelets like Chamak by Priya Kakkar Bangles ($58/4 at Nordstrom) helps lend a pop of color to your outfit while also displaying your trendsetting style.
Colorblocking – Colorblocking has been a big summer trend that will continue well into winter. You can wear this style in a two-tone pairing or in a multi-range of colors. To make the look just right for your office, stick to one color and pair it with a neutral. We love this 2 B Rych Colorblock Ponte Dress ($285 on neimanmarcus.com) because it combines nude accents with a burst of bold red!
Leopard – In the colder months, leopard looks sleek and chic! For this coming season, it’s all about bold outerwear that will get you noticed. A sophisticated and more demure style like the ASOS Leopard Coat ($155.15) can work its magic with an LBD or a pair of skinny jeans.
Orange/Rust – Orange and rust shades are the new brown for fall. Use these colors as great neutrals that add an autumn glow to your look. Choose a pretty satin shirt like this Patterson J. Kincaid Harlow Pocket Blouse ($98 on bergdorfgoodman.com). The burnt orange color will work well at the office when paired with a navy pencil skirt and can easily transition to a girls night out, too!
Have you tried any of these trends yet? Will you be wearing them into the fall season? Which one of these is your fave?
-Chastity Palmer Davis from GlitterBuzzStyle.com
Chastity Palmer-Davis is the beauty/fashion writer behind GlitterBuzzStyle.com. GlitterBuzzStyle provides women with personal styling tips, the latest fashion trends, beauty reviews and sale alerts. Chastity’s love for fashion and the entertainment industry has given her the opportunity to contribute to Honey Magazine, work for television show Full Frontal Fashion and cover backstage press for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
|Sheckys.com lets you share your man’s mystifying moments, get easy tips for the healthiest, happiest and most fashionable you, discover our Girls Night Out events and more, all while earning OMG Points toward free goodies!|
Image Credit: Sheckys.com